Cheapest scope on your accura?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a Bushnell Trophy 3-9 x40 on my ML,it was a 100 bucks from Cableas bargain cave.I was worried it might not hold up to the recoil of a ML,but its preformed very well so far.

I have 3 trophies and another one coming for the 30-06 Optima elite. They work just fine and i get them for right around 80 bucks. Sometimes you can pick them up on ebay for around 60.

hawgslayer said:
:D :) 8)

Nikon pro staff series 2x7 are about $140.00 at bass pro. Good little scope :!: I have them on both of my accura's. No problems at all :!: :!: :!:
Now thats a good scope for a good price. Lee

Cabelas pine ridge 2x7, I have had this scope on my Huntsman for yrs it will work fine.

I recently bought my fourth ProDiamond from Natchez Shooters Supply ($40).

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... N=74058223

Here's my standard review on the ProDiamond.

Simmons 4X ProDiamond

Pros: Long eye relief (5 inches for me) - wide field of view - clear, sharp optics with a very wide adjustment range for elevation and windage -light and short - inexpensive. The last three I bought have what Simmons calls a "fast focus eyepiece" which allows you to quickly focus the scope to suit your vision and quickly focus on an object at any distance by turning a focus ring at the very end of the rear lens - kind of like the focus ring on binoculars. It's a real nice feature because you can have it adjusted when wearing glasses, then take your glasses off and quickly adjust it for your naked eye. I do that a lot when hunting because I remove my glasses to use binoculars. My oldest ProDiamond does not have that feature.

Cons: You're limited to the 4X power, of course, so it's less flexible than a variable magnification scope for things like evaluating the size of a buck's rack out there at 150 yards. Not too big a deal if you carry binoculars as I do - but still a limitation. It's a shotgun scope, so parallax is set at 75 yards rather than the standard 100 yards used for rifle scopes. That means on long shots if your eye is not lined up perfectly with the centerline of the scope you could have a parallax sighting error. But it's so small (an inch or less at 200 yards) as to be meaningless to me. Because it's a shotgun scope, the cross hairs are thicker than on most rifle scopes. At 100 yards the cross hairs cover about one inch of your target. Not the best for fine target work at long ranges (but dang nice in low light hunting situations).

I have ProDiamonds on an Omega X7 that develops "significant recoil" with 110 grains of T7 FFFG and 300 grain bullets. It hasn't been able to shake the Simmons loose. I also have them on three Renegade barrels. When I clean the barrels after a shoot I put the breech end in a bucket of water, including the back half of the scope, and pump the bore with soap. Haven't had a scope leak yet.

Semisane said:
I recently bought my fourth ProDiamond from Natchez Shooters Supply ($40).

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... N=74058223

Here's my standard review on the ProDiamond.

Simmons 4X ProDiamond

Pros: Long eye relief (5 inches for me) - wide field of view - clear, sharp optics with a very wide adjustment range for elevation and windage -light and short - inexpensive. The last three I bought have what Simmons calls a "fast focus eyepiece" which allows you to quickly focus the scope to suit your vision and quickly focus on an object at any distance by turning a focus ring at the very end of the rear lens - kind of like the focus ring on binoculars. It's a real nice feature because you can have it adjusted when wearing glasses, then take your glasses off and quickly adjust it for your naked eye. I do that a lot when hunting because I remove my glasses to use binoculars. My oldest ProDiamond does not have that feature.

Cons: You're limited to the 4X power, of course, so it's less flexible than a variable magnification scope for things like evaluating the size of a buck's rack out there at 150 yards. Not too big a deal if you carry binoculars as I do - but still a limitation. It's a shotgun scope, so parallax is set at 75 yards rather than the standard 100 yards used for rifle scopes. That means on long shots if your eye is not lined up perfectly with the centerline of the scope you could have a parallax sighting error. But it's so small (an inch or less at 200 yards) as to be meaningless to me. Because it's a shotgun scope, the cross hairs are thicker than on most rifle scopes. At 100 yards the cross hairs cover about one inch of your target. Not the best for fine target work at long ranges (but dang nice in low light hunting situations).

I have ProDiamonds on an Omega X7 that develops "significant recoil" with 110 grains of T7 FFFG and 300 grain bullets. It hasn't been able to shake the Simmons loose. I also have them on three Renegade barrels. When I clean the barrels after a shoot I put the breech end in a bucket of water, including the back half of the scope, and pump the bore with soap. Haven't had a scope leak yet.

I would love to have a nice expensive scope for my ML's but like you said,I cant break the old cheap Simmons.I have had the Blazer on just about every gun I own and it works just fine.

Just got my new Pro Diamond this seems like a very nicely built scope. Cant beat it for that $40 at natchez. Thanks for the input

Back