Pedersoli Kodiak

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1945

Reaction score
Anyone have a Pedersoli Kodiak side by side in 58 cal? I found one at a good price and am just looking for feedback about them .

I decided to give it a try and bought it. Turned out to be a super well made rifle . My other Pedersoli's are also, but but they are both BP cartridge guns a Quigley 45/70 and a Quigley 45/120. I will take it to the range tomorrow and try some different loads. Will post some pictures after I try it out.

should make a great shotgun! One thing I hate is how much you pay for them and when you go to sell them, they are lucky to hold half their value if that. Not a big market for used pedersoli for some reason.

I think you must live in a different area they hold there value quite well down here in Texas. It's not a shotgun a 58cal side by side. I plan on working up some loads with Lee Real 440 grain ,made up a batch yesterday.

My 45/120 has no recoil at all now my <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> Ruger 416 Ruger kicks like hell and some of my TC Contenders kick pretty good too. Im gonna try and get to the range tomorrow and play with the REAL bullets . Thanks for the comment about my bear got him last spring in Saskatchewan.

Finally made it out this morning to the range. Tried out some of the Lee REAL bullets that I cast shooting with 80 grains RS Pyrodex  was getting about 4 in group at 70 yds , that was with 2 shots each barrel combined think I may just quit there with Pyrodex , maybe try with triple 7 or Blackthorn next to see if I can do better.

Are your barrels regulated to shoot to the same POA at a certain distance? If not, you may need sights on each barrel.

Yes they are regulated at 75 yards, I was well pleased with my 2 shots from each barrel all fitting in a 4 in circle at 70 yards. was more trying to find a load that the gun likes more then anything else.

Back