Any feedback from CVA on the cracked BP's?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone heard from CVA on the cracked breech plugs?

I havent seen any other reports about the cracking so im thinking this was one of those rare occasions that pops up now and then.

Maybe us members should do like the last test rifle, all pitch in 5-$10 for a new cva and have a member that has easy access to BH209 to keep shooting it until he finds something out.

frontier gander said:
I havent seen any other reports about the cracking so im thinking this was one of those rare occasions that pops up now and then.

Maybe us members should do like the last test rifle, all pitch in 5-$10 for a new cva and have a member that has easy access to BH209 to keep shooting it until he finds something out.

I nominate you. 8)

ha! I said someone with easy access to the powder!

I'll pitch in a few bucks for the gun.

Gotta get them while they are on sale!

Put up,,,or shuddup..... 8)

Quit bashing the BH209 powder Gander. Plain and simple. If you haven't shot it,,,just shuddup. :roll:

Read the posts from others,,and base your own opinion on what you want to do. Either you order some,,,or you don't. :roll:

Knock it off with your stupid comments about someone buying a test gun. Buy your own and try it for yourself.

GEEEEEEESH!!!

You guys buy the Accura and have it sent to me. I'll test it until I run out of this powder. Probably take bout 2 years. 8)

Not to confuse the issue too much but others with guns other than BPI manufacture are experiencing what appears to be cracks in the breechplugs around the center hole and the comment is that it occurred after shooting BH209. Personally I have not shot my two containers yet but plan to keep a close watch on the breechplug when the weather cools enough to allow reasonable shooting. This does not appear to be a consistent thing but more like the 777 Crud ring thing. Some have it some do not. Certainly worth keeping a close watch. I wonder if it might have something to do with either the bullets used or how they are seated. I have read that the powder is sensitive to seating pressure as well as bullet/sabot fit.

Even if the powder does have some nasty side affect to the breechplug, I view them as disposable items. I replace them when needed.

Everyone relax and have a beer :partyman: ... BH is doing nothing more than any other powder to plugs.

Got an email from CVA this morning and Mark said they are going to do a lot of testing with BH209 to see what went on with that BP.

Just gotta settle down and let the testers do their stuff so they can find out what happened!

Didn't mean to start anything
Just wondering about it.
Seems like a BP cracking and failing during a shot would not be a good thing

frontier gander said:
Got an email from CVA this morning and Mark said they are going to do a lot of testing with BH209 to see what went on with that BP.

Just gotta settle down and let the testers do their stuff so they can find out what happened!

I'm sure he will share ALL results?

Steve

Why not Test a CVA Breech Plug with all powder's?Why and for what reason is CVA just testing against BH209?Sounds more like CVA is looking for a Exscape Goat to blame there faulty/secound grade Steel on.

how many cracks cva plugs have you actually seen that cracked with pyrodex,blackpowder, triple 7?

Blackhorn209 is a new product, when something like this happens, the company has to look into it and test their product with the new stuff thats out to see what could have happened.

AJ said:
Even if the powder does have some nasty side affect to the breechplug, I view them as disposable items. I replace them when needed.

ABSOLUTELY! It probably IS harder on breechplugs than blackpowder/Triple Se7en/Pyrodex/etc. That's why the Savage 10ML-II has a ventliner in the breechplug. If I can't afford a new breechplug now and then I probably need to forget muzzleloading altogether and get out the 30-30! :shock: :lol:

Back