Arizona muzzleloader elk hunt bull and cow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvamuzzlefun

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just purchased my new CVA elkhorn pro. I am brand new to the muzzleloading scene, but very excited. I mounted a 3x9x40 scope on it and just sited it in. I love the grouping at 100 yards, but have a few questions about the round i should be using. I have done a lot of research about a sabot vs a powerbelt and still am in a toss up. i used a sabot while siting in the scope, but looking for ideas as far as what bullet to use for elk as well. I put in for the elk draw for bull and cow hoping for a hunt this year. Also anyone out there with any idea how the draw odds are for the AZ muzzleloader hunt is please let me know, dont want to get my hopes up if i have no shot of being drawn. The draw success for cow seems a lot higher than that of bull for obvious reasons but anywho please help!! thanks

Well if I were hunting elk I would be using a Barnes Expander, Nosler Partition, Parker Extreme, any of them in the 250-300 pound class. Ask Sabotloader for a bullet recommendation. He knocks elk down all the time with a muzzle loader.

how would i go about talking to sabot loader? i am very new to all of this and truly do thank you for all of your help

cayuga said:
Well if I were hunting elk I would be using a Barnes Expander, Nosler Partition, Parker Extreme, any of them in the 250-300 pound class. Ask Sabotloader for a bullet recommendation. He knocks elk down all the time with a muzzle loader.

What a Lucky Guy! I just started putting in for elk a couple years ago and got my first bow, bull or cow tag last year, Struck out though. Having a tag in a Unit (45) where a hunter went missing 1/4 from where I camped three days before I got there didn't help though. Live and learn. Should of had a plan B in place though for unfortunate/tragic situations like that. :cry:

WELCOME, CVAMuzzleFun! :D

Latest posts

Back