135gr. Bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterB4

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting some .40 cal rounds for my .50 Cal Accura for Coyotes and Ground hogs. I'm going to be using the Harvester Crushribs for the sabots. I was wondering if anybody has shot a round this light and if so how was the accuracy? This will be my first venture and I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

bullets

Lightest I have gone is the 10mm 200 grain xtp. in a 40/50 crush rib. The lightest I have heard successfully shot out of 50 caliber ML is 180 grainers.

Try the Barnes 155gr TAC-XP if you want a light weight. A 40 pack is about $32. They are as long as most 40cal 180-200gr lead bullets.

They scream with T7 and hold together GREAT!!

Accuracy isnt bad either. I sent some to SabotLoader and they were moving in the 2300fps range and held nice groups in his Knight 45.

I shot them into test media at about 15 yards and 100gr of BH209 and it only lost 1 gr of weight from my Accura 45. I havent tried them in my 50cals though but i would use the Harvester 40/50 Crushribs. Those seem to be the best 40/50 sabots for me.

I have shot some 175g R-hots in my 45 cal
only at the range
they were very accurate

Latest posts

Back