Possibles pouch for the buttstock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this for holding extra powder, bullets, patches, jags, etc....... I have found that Lane's tubes usually fit great in the rifle loops in most ammunition carriers. I was think about putting about three tubes of powder, one tube with three bullet/sabots, and a tube of primers on the outside loops and a few cleaning supplies in the zippered pocket. What are you guys using for easy access to your reloads. Any pics would be great.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=125776

I had the same idea, I had to take it off for hunting it made scraping sounds every time it touched something, especially when I shouldered it. Lee

I use this
buttstockchanges1.jpg

Saxman,

Do the tubes hold well in the shotgun shell loops? Have you had any problems with them falling out? Thanks for the post and pic.

Hulions said:
Saxman,

Do the tubes hold well in the shotgun shell loops? Have you had any problems with them falling out? Thanks for the post and pic.

They stay in just fine
I have rearranged them since the picture but it works great
I keep a few spit and dry patches in other lanes tubes in my pack in case I need them,never have but they are there.

I like the idea, but for me hiking miles a day in steep terrain does not lend well to having anything attached to my rifle. Keeping my reloading supplies in my shirts front pockets, seem to be my best option.

Not sure, it looked like the picture. Worked fine except for the scraping noise.

im going to be using the Rotoloader 5 in 1 this year. Carries 3 powder charges, 3 bullets, 3 primers, bullet starter and decapper should i ever need it. Oh and you can also use it as a palm saver to slip over the end of your ramrod. Always forget about that on the range!

I guess its really what you get used to. Here's what I use, my reloads are in a US Army pouch that you can carry in you pocket or on your belt and my bullet starter which has a built in palm saver I carry on my belt in an old plumb bob holder.

DSC01765.jpg

Just a plain ole camo back pack for me,I got more junk and a little of everything in it.

Latest posts

Back