Teflon tape

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
Does the TC pink Teflon tape differ from the standard white tape at your local hardware store..

I know some people use it on your breech plug to seal out blowback / gas's ...

Thanks,
Steve

PS: maybe sometime soon us New Yorkers will get a day with out snow so I can get to the range....

The Pink is thicker than the White. I do not recall by how much. I use the White.

TT50 260SS GRAY STAINLESS STEEL TEFLON-THREAD SEAL TAPE
This tape has nickel pigment color added for use on all stainless steel fittings. Prevents galling, seizing or corrosion. A high density rating, this is the tape for coarse stainless steel threads. Also carries a temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A. UL Listed
TT50 260Y YELLOW GAS LINE TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
Designed for gas lines of all types... Natural gas, propane and butane lines. Meets gas company standards world wide. Full density (1.6) makes this the heaviest tape available. Seals threads easily and quickly with confidence. Has a temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A UL Listed
TT50 260G GREEN OXYGEN TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
Color coded green for oxygen applications. Grease free, density of 1.2 . This is the tape for all your oxygen lines. Will not support combustion. Temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A UL Listed
TT50 260P PINK PLUMBERS TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
For plumbers and pipe fitters. Colors coded pink to signify this is heavier than standard white thread seal tapes. A premium high density tape . Ensures leak free joints. Temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil Spec. T-27730A UL Listed

Do you guys like to use the White or Pink??

Steve

Back