Speedloaders for 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirage1988

Reaction score
I have the t/c speedloader (3 tubes and red cap) but blackhorn is so fine it gets up around the sabot and makes it hard to get the bullet out. Is there a speedloader out there that works, or do I just have to carry the powder and bullet seperately?

I had the same problem. I found it easier to keep them in seperate tubes. I just kept the powder in one type of loading tube and the sabots in a different type.

I've tried them all - now use Lane's tubes only.
Keep 3 with powder and 1 with 3 projectiles in my pocket.
Much easier to unsrew the caps then to pop off caps
when the fingers are cold and you are trying to be stealthy.

The cva style UC linked is a good one also.

I use Lane's tubes at the range if I weigh charges but in the hunting arena I still really like the 4-1. The powder is stored sepately, the bullet is under a separate short starter. The reload goes very papidly and cleanly in the field without a lot of fumbling. I have no problem flipping the cap vs twisting the cap. Plus with the 4-1 I can leave the loads in all season and not have to worry about UV decaying the powder.

I get these from wal mart and at close out so you can get them for 1- $2.00 , right now they are only 5,00 . I cut them off just big enough for the amount of powder is use 90 of 777 . two have powder and one has two sabots and then i keep three primers ( .25 acp brass ) one extra just in case i drop one . I also keep 6 patches ( being i use 777 ) and a spin Jag with speed loader on a pouch on the but stock of my encore . Nice having everything so handy right on my gun . I also keep two more speed loader in my backpack or my fanny pack . The tubes fit VERY tight in the rubber and give you a great seal and all three tube are always together . If the weather is going to be real nasty i put them in a zip lock bag first then put them in the pouch .

ecorespeedloaders_MG_4302.jpg

Rob- That is the one I was talking about- I guess you just have to keep the sabots in a separate tube than the powder. I like that pouch you got on the stock, who makes that?

UtahRob said:
I get these from wal mart and at close out so you can get them for 1- $2.00 , right now they are only 5,00 . I cut them off just big enough for the amount of powder is use 90 of 777 . two have powder and one has two sabots and then i keep three primers ( .25 acp brass ) one extra just in case i drop one . I also keep 6 patches ( being i use 777 ) and a spin Jag with speed loader on a pouch on the but stock of my encore . Nice having everything so handy right on my gun . I also keep two more speed loader in my backpack or my fanny pack . The tubes fit VERY tight in the rubber and give you a great seal and all three tube are always together . If the weather is going to be real nasty i put them in a zip lock bag first then put them in the pouch .

ecorespeedloaders_MG_4302.jpg

Rob.
I love that stock pouch.
Where did you get it.
You took my thing to a new level.

I use Lanes Tubes and these shotshell holders
buttstockchanges1.jpg

primers.jpg

Kodiak.jpg

Kodiak1.jpg

I have second guessed keeping my primers in the recoil pad as I set the but of my gun down in damp grass.

Can't remember the brand name . i got it at our local Cal Ranch store . Next time a get a chance i will see who makes it . It had a elastic bullet holder on the side i removed . I am a lefty so that was in the way but the pouch fits perfectly under my chin .

I may not be able to get there until my mother passes , she is now in a coma state and has had no food or water for over a week , BUT ''Thank God "' she is finely in NO pain . so i think she will be in a greater place soon . Her heart rate is 130 and her breathing is more stressed and has a high fever . But like i said she is at peace and not in any more pain , :D I will be going to California a day or so after she passes where her body will be put to rest nest to my dad . That will be a great day !! :D :D after my mother pass there will be a day or so before we leave for California so it will be nice to get a brake and get out , i need to get one for my sons omega . All the guys/friends at the local guns shops must think i have died , as i have not left the house for 3 weeks . I normaly hit all the guns shops at least 3 times a week . :oops: :roll:

saxman1 said:
Rob.
I love that stock pouch.
Where did you get it.
You took my thing to a new level.

I use Lanes Tubes and these shotshell holders
buttstockchanges1.jpg

primers.jpg

Kodiak.jpg

Kodiak1.jpg

I have second guessed keeping my primers in the recoil pad as I set the but of my gun down in damp grass.

I see your a lefty too . TC makes a nice pouch but for right handers only . Like i noted above the pouch sits low enough that my chin sits just above it , also it had some padding on top that feel nice . But it also tapered so you can not switch sides it also has a strap that goes over the butt to keep it from sliding forward .

don't know why i didn't do this before the above posts ?? I took it off and there is a brand name tag on the underside , its made by ALLEN . All the straps that hold it on have Velcro to adjust its hight or forward or back .

here we go , this is what i have . Allen Buttstock Cartridge Holder - 20550

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... _id=108256

mirage1988 said:
but blackhorn is so fine it gets up around the sabot]

I just bought some BH209 and it' the coarest powder I've seen. My Triple 7 3F looks like graphite dust next to BH209, did I get a bad batch?

Thank you Rob. So sorry to hear about your mother. I am glad to hear she is no longer in pain.

tpcollins said:
mirage1988 said:
but blackhorn is so fine it gets up around the sabot]

I just bought some BH209 and it' the coarest powder I've seen. My Triple 7 3F looks like graphite dust next to BH209, did I get a bad batch?

I agree and I would not consider BH209 as being fine . It comes in small tube like grains that are more consistent in size but bigger than other powders i have used . I would say 777 3f is a lot finner .

Back