Partition Gold (.429/250gr. or .451 260gr.) ?????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
Partition Gold (.429/250gr. or .451 260gr.) Which one????

I will be shooting this bullet in a T/C Omega and Endeavor. My question is, which bullet would you suggest and which sabot would you shoot with them. I am assuming that either the Harvester Green or the Green Crushed rib should work in both guns with the .429. Right? I have some of both. But, if I go with the .451, which sabot do you think would be best. I have a bunch of the Harvester Short Blacks and some Harvester Red Crushed Ribs. Do you think I would need the Black Crushed rib. Here's a little info. Both guns shoot the Harvester short black and a 250 gr. Shockwave real well and the Endeavor shoots the 200gr. shockwave with the supplied blue sabot as well as the 250gr. Any suggestions?

Try the .451 with the short black and the MMP HPH24 one of them will do it to it. Lemoyne

If the bore is tight, I like a black Harvester Crushed Rib sabot. If it is loose then the short Harvester black ones are good. The thing with rifles and what sabot is best.. its all trial and error for the most part. Since the bore diameter varies so much all you can do it try things until they work. It is a good bullet though.

cayuga
It can be trial and error, but you can also eliminate a lot of the trial by measuring and matching the bullet sabot combo to the bore diameter.
For instance if the short black Harvester shoots real well with one bullet then the MMP HPH 24 and the regular black Harvester with give almost the exact same diameter, but they will shoot best with different bullets.
For instance in my particular Triumph the short black shoot extremely well with the 250 SW while it takes the HPH 24 to shoot the 250 Gold Dot real well, and that's just the first example I thought of.
I think the configuration or nose shape of the bullet has an effect on the way the sabot comes off the bullet [just my opinion] but there is something that affects accuracy to the point that getting the right combination means getting half inch groups sometimes. Lee

So you guys think the .451 will be my best bet. My local gun shop has the .429's in stock but I don't want to buy them if the .451's are better.

PICT0142.jpg

I really like the .451 300g PP Nosler Partition in a HPH 24... this is a 100 yard group from my Pro Hunter using three Shockey's Gold Sticks. This combo accounted for three deer last year,,, one went 30 yards after being shot and the other two went down so fast their feet hit them in the back of the head... :wink:

Scott let me know how they shoot out of your endeavor, ive been wanting to try them in mine.

Back