Knight Shadow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Reaction score
Got my new Cabelas shooting catalog today in the mail. They have the new Shadow listed for sale in it but not available til March 1st. Looks like a simple design, break open action, exposed hammer, 28" Green Mountain barrel and retails from Cabelas for $250.

Nope, looks all new to me. Looks kind of like a H&R action with a fat beavertail forend and Monte Carlo stock.

2001446563244973240_rs.jpg

Not much resemblance to the KP1. Closer to a Lyman Mustang...

Look's like a mutt. Somebody buy one so we can see how it shoot's.

Scope it and a stainless barrel it might not look so bad, since it's a Knight it will shoot!!!!

I don't see the reasoning here, are they going to quit making the vision? Seems kind of stupid to have so many different models of break opens out there.

I would guess the Vision is a flop. Cabela's has 249.xx on the Shadow thing so this one is a low-end competitor.

Da Shadow Knows!! :wink:

Well I bought one.... disappointed so far, I'll tell you how I really feel after I see if Knight can make it right. I'll be talking to them tomorrow morning.

It pops the primer about 1 out of every 5 drops of the hammer. Something is not right with the hammer / firing pin mechanism. I hope its just bad luck, and they will make it right.

Anyone have experience with Knight customer service? :(

I had a trigger problem with a used extreme that I bought. I called and talked to Jeff sent the trigger in and received a new trigger set to the requested pull weight in 8 days. They will take care of you.

DC

Their Customer service is Awsome just call and talk to jeff he will take care of you !

Ron

I have Jeff's email address if you want to throw him a note. Jeff is a great guy and takes care of customers excellent.

thanks for letting me know.. its nice to hear that there is still a company out there that stands behind it's products.

actually I had sent an email asking about load recommendations and Jeff responded so I have his info.

thanks, I'll let you know how it goes....

Yes I have, and so far so good. I've not done a lot of shooting with open sites so I have some practicing to do. (No optics in CO during ML season) But I was able to shoot about 3inch groups at 50 yds with 348gr PowerBelt aerotips over 100gr 777. I think this gun will shoot better, but I need to spend some time at the range working on a consistent site picture. I'll also be trying Hornady 385 great plains conicals as well as the Powerbelt 405 Gr areotips, and if I can find them or order them the Parker Hydra-Con conicals. I'll probably back off to 80 or 85 grains of 777 as well.

that shadow is interesting to me ... i havent seen it advertised anywhere else than cabelas. it isnt even on knights webpage (unless im missing it)!

Back