Well I didn't buy the Knight..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
Well I didn't buy the KRB7 after all. I spent several days trying to find one. No one seems to have one. Cabelas claims that there is an issue with the factory but did not or could not comment further. So I ended up buying a T/C Omega Z5 in black composite/grey Weather Shield from my local farm store that sometimes has good deals on new firearms. It was a hard toss up between the two anyway. I did check to make darn sure the false muzzle was cut correctly and not off center. Hopefully it shoots accurately. I have some Barnes sabots. I'll try those and some PowerBelts that I had left over from my Optima that did not work out well.

I've owned an Omega z5 and was very pleased with it. Very accurate. I think that you'll like it.

i love my omega but be forewarned, it'll probably have an extremely tight bore which will really cut down on your sabot choices. you'll have to find the right bullet sabot combo that works for you. stay away from non-sabotted bullets for the best accuracy as the omega was designed for sabotted bullets.

i love my omega but be forewarned, it'll probably have an extremely tight bore which will really cut down on your sabot choices

You know...that's EXACTLY why I LIKE T/C guns! They DO have tight bores! MUCH easier to deal with a tight bore than a loose one, IMO.

1. Use smaller diameter bullets such as a Parker Ballistic Extreme(.450 diameter)
2. Use a 3-petal EZ sabot or Crush Rib sabot.

If you have a loose bore..you can't get any tighter than a MMP HPH-12/SST/XTP. SOMETIMES that's not enough.

I think you'll like the Omega!

Poster on HN reports Scheels in Appleton WI. just got some KRB rifles at a good price, Camo-stainless for 239.00.

I've not verified that but anyone looking might want to give them a call.

Omega

I have heard nothing but good about the omega,it was high on my list. I ended up in the TC family w/ a Pro hunter. Good Choice.

Figures, but I was waiting for someone else to confirm or deny as I don't want another.

Underclocked said:
Figures, but I was waiting for someone else to confirm or deny as I don't want another.

I just called Scheels again to see what the story was on the krb. He said apparently it wasn't common knowledge that they had these in at a special price, non on the floor yet. But they do have them (camo-stainless) for 239.00 and are gettin them out now. Ask for CHRIS or PAUL. Sorry abouy the confusion, just trying to get somebody in on a good deal if they are looking for one.

dp, I figured the guy on the OTHER end of the phone had erred, not you. Helluva deal!!

Oh it be so... I just ordered one. I had been eyeing this gun for awhile,,, heck the cheapest I've seen this model of KRB was $350. It was $239 plus $29 to ship... ask for Chris Bushnell. I guess I'll need to blow the dust off my two cans of 777 that I bought for $11 a piece... that's just a shame... :wink:

Oh it not be so... fifteen minutes after I get off the phone with Chris he calls back to say they were priced wrong. I was not happy with that so I spoke to the manager who said they just would not be able to sell it at that price... bad business practice Scheels, the customer is always right! :x

SHAME ON THEM, I think if they had the item sold at the price they quoted they should be obligated to sell at that price, and then fix their screw-up before they sell any more!!!! :nono:

Amen! I sent a e-mail to their customer service... I doubt it will do any good but it's just the principle of the thing.

Back