New stock, newly iced... but still shooting lights out!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatland hunter

Reaction score
Got my 10MLII back from Black Ice Coatings a while back, put a new (used) B&C Duramaxx stock on it, got the scope back on with new mounts (Grand Slams) and rings (Warne PA)... and for a mainly stock gun (no bedding, no 3rd pillar, just a RB mod plug) it actually shoots better now then it did before and I wouldn't have thought that! Thought I would have to bed it at least... glad I shot it first...

Using 65gn of I-4198, Harvester short sabot, 300gn XTP, and Fed 209A primers. I hoped to use 300gn Speer Golddots... I will have to see how they shoot compared to the XTP's...

Latest target with the MLII...

Shooting with 66gn of IMR4198, 300gn Speer Gold Dot, Harvester short black sabot... about 7/8".

07090366gn4198300gnGD.jpg

sounds great...Keep us in the loop on further range time... My NULA nad SMI's like H-4198 so I might try some IMR someday..

flatland hunter said:
Latest target with the MLII...

Shooting with 66gn of IMR4198, 300gn Speer Gold Dot, Harvester short black sabot... about 7/8".

07090366gn4198300gnGD.jpg

Great shooting, what is the velocity on that load? Any idea?

That is my next step... last year I got 2279 on avg with 65gn of I-4198 and a 300gn XTP. I would think with the modified plug from RB giving a little longer barrel length and an extra grain of powder it would be above that.

Latest posts

Back