Newbie With A New TC.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterB4

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Rich and I'm a newbie to the site. Been muzzleloading for a few years now and absolutely love the sport. Just thought I would show off my new TC Omgea X7 that I recently acquired from a raffle. Not sure if I'm keeping it or not. It's a beautiful gun, but it feels too short for me with the 24" barrel.

I'm leaning towards selling it and getting either another Omega with the thumbhole stock and 28" bbl or a CVA Accura with the thumbhole stock. Just curious which one some of you prefer between the two and why? Thanks! And again nice to meet everyone!

DSCN0892.jpg

Welcome HunterB4
Congrats on winning that fine Rifle.
Where are you from and what will you be hunting?

My guess is you could flip that gun on Gunbroker.com for $400-$500 easy. Possibly more since I have never seen the X7 with that color laminate stock. All the ones I have seen (and I troll Gunbroker a lot) are the basic brown laminate.

That being said, I would think hard before getting rid of it. It will hold it's value very well, since it is a discontinued model (T/C no longer offers the X7 Omega). I have an X7 an am extremely happy with it. It's easily accurate past 100 yds and is a great handling gun. Easy to clean, shoots BH209 well, and will be around for quite some time.

The question for you is what kind of hunting you do. Do you still hunt in heavily wooded areas or do you hunt on a stand over fields? The size of the X7 is great for the former, not so much of an advantage with the latter.

Welcome to the forum. I would keep that nice looking Omega and get an Accura to go with it. But if you want to move it Im sure you could list it on the classified thread and it wouldnt last long. Great deals on Accura 209s from Cabelas right now. The Omegas are great but I prefer a break open design. Easier to clean and take apart.

That is an absolute BEAUTY!!

At least give it a try, carbines have some nice advantages and sometimes dont always give up more than they gain.

Ive never seen one quite like that and would keep it if it were mine.

Congratulations and best of luck in whatever you decide. :yeah:

HunterB4

If you are interested in an Accura i will trade you this Accura for your x7. Actually i imagine i could have it, or any other Accura, shipped to your residence. I would have to purchase it, but then i could have it direct shipped to you. If this doesn't make you think you should keep it i don't know what will. I am serious if you are interested.

Welcome to the forum.
Now that is a sweet piece. A very pretty stock. With Blackhorn the 24 inch barrel is not a disadvantage. I would keep it if you want an other gun to go with it why I never heard of any law against 2 or a dozen for that matter I would be in trouble if they made a law on that. Lee

I guess I would have to get in line on this one. I'm doing a lot of searches for a new ML and hadn't seen that color in that model anywhere either. Seen the brown laminate. Not nearly as nice as yours though!

Tankhead said:
I guess I would have to get in line on this one. I'm doing a lot of searches for a new ML and hadn't seen that color in that model anywhere either. Seen the brown laminate. Not nearly as nice as yours though!

That has YOU written all over it considering our other thread. :lol:

I bet the OP is already getting hammered with PMs.

Thanks!

Well guys, you've talked me into it. I'm going to keep the gun. Lol. I had been looking all over the web for this gun with the Rosewood laminate and haven't found it anywhere. As others have stated I've found the regular brown wood laminate but not this one. The pictures honestly don't do this gun any justice.

So that being said, tomorrow I am heading to Cabelas and adding an Accura to the collection. As of now I believe I will be going with a .45 cal rather than a .50. I've shouldered this gun a couple of times and can't believe how comfortable I feel with it. Anybody else shooting a .45 cal?
This will be number 3 of the muzzleloaders along with my Remington Genesis and the Omega.

Saxman,
I am from S.E. Michigan, about 1hr South of Detroit. I mainly deer hunt with my ML. Someday I would love to head out West and do an Elk hunt. Heading to the U.P. of Michigan to Black Bear hunt is also on my list in the near future.

Lee 9,
BH209 is the ONLY powder I will ever shoot out of my guns again. The stuff is amazing.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes guys.

GM54-120 said:
Tankhead said:

That has YOU written all over it considering our other thread. :lol:

I bet the OP is already getting hammered with PMs.

As good as this looks I'm really diggin the other ML you turned me on too. :D

And he's made a good choice keepin it and adding too it anyways! :D

Re: Thanks!

HunterB4 said:
Well guys, you've talked me into it. I'm going to keep the gun. Lol. I had been looking all over the web for this gun with the Rosewood laminate and haven't found it anywhere. As others have stated I've found the regular brown wood laminate but not this one. The pictures honestly don't do this gun any justice.

So that being said, tomorrow I am heading to Cabelas and adding an Accura to the collection. As of now I believe I will be going with a .45 cal rather than a .50. I've shouldered this gun a couple of times and can't believe how comfortable I feel with it. Anybody else shooting a .45 cal?
This will be number 3 of the muzzleloaders along with my Remington Genesis and the Omega.

Saxman,
I am from S.E. Michigan, about 1hr South of Detroit. I mainly deer hunt with my ML. Someday I would love to head out West and do an Elk hunt. Heading to the U.P. of Michigan to Black Bear hunt is also on my list in the near future.

Lee 9,
BH209 is the ONLY powder I will ever shoot out of my guns again. The stuff is amazing.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes guys.

I have the Accura 45 SS & APG TH stock..its the only way they offer the 45 Accura.

Its a tac driver with the Hornady 200gr SST and 90-110gr of BH209 and i prefer Win209 primers on the range or CCI209M for hunting in the cold. In a sled or solid rest it will keep 3 bullets touching even after 20 rounds and no swabbing. Recoil is very manageable even with the PR QT 250gr and 100gr BH209.

I got the Accura orderd today from Cabelas online. I did infact end up going with the .50 cal simply because it has a larger variety of rounds that are eaisly attainable. For the finish I went with the APG thumbhole stock and SS barrel. Too bad it's gonna be a week before it will arrive. I think I'm going to start out with some 300gr Shockwaves, 90gr of BH209 and CCI 209M primers. This is the combination I used in my Genesis and I think it'll be a good starting point for the Accura.

You are going to love the stock and trigger on the Accura. The soft touch finish would have been nice on mine but its all good. I was very tempted to buy another cheaper blued model and turn it into a brush gun.

Im assuming you got the older Accura and not the new V2?

Yes I got the first version and not the V2. I think I wouldve liked the V2 better but the sale price on the regular accura was the deciding factor.

Back