Scope Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougH

Reaction score
I recently purchased a TC Bone Collector and I just put my old Simmons Whitetail Classic scope on it this past weekend. It looks though that I am only getting about 2 inches or so of eye relief and I am afraid that is too close to my face. I think this gun is a little shorter than my old Knight which used this scope fine.

I will be shooting 100 grains of BH 209 with a 250 grain sabot. I was wondering if you guys thought I may need a different scope since the eye relief is pretty close. If so do you recommend any Muzzleloader scopes? I wasn't really big on the BDC redicles if I could help it but that is all I can find on the scopes advertised for muzzleloaders. I have heard shotgun scopes work well regarding eye relief and I do like the single crosshair.

Any help is appreciated.

Here's what I just put on my Bone Collecter . . .

BC004-1.jpg

Doug
I would be inclined to try higher rings [thats a high comb stock any way] and get the extended rings and move the scope at least 1.5 inches forward. Lee

scope

You can get the Nikons w/out BDC, Have 4-5" of spacew for you. I have a Busnell Elite 3x9x40 w. Raingaurd. I am the scope bite king,this scope fits

Another cheaper choice but still a nice choice is a Simmons Pro Diamond this scope has 4 in. of eye relief. Works great on my Accura

You don't really need a so called muzzleloader scope. There are many rifle scopes that will work well with muzzleloaders. I have a Nikon pro staff 3-9x40 on an Omega and I mostly use 120 gr. bh209 behind 285 and 300 gr. bullets. I have never been scope bit once. The pro staff has about 3 1/2 " of eye relief. Look for a scope with atleast that amount of eye relief and you should be fine.

2" is to close for me
I hear the Bone Collector is at least 1" shorter than the triumph.
My simmons Blazer has 3.5 - 4" of ER.

Lee 9 said:
Doug
I would be inclined to try higher rings [thats a high comb stock any way] and get the extended rings and move the scope at least 1.5 inches forward. Lee

ahhh, yah thats sitting right on the barrel

Scope

Take a look at a Burris Fullfield ll 3-9 w/BDC ret. These are a very nice scope and very reasonably priced. Plenty of eye relief as well.

Re: Scope

fisher1 said:
Take a look at a Burris Fullfield ll 3-9 w/BDC ret. These are a very nice scope and very reasonably priced. Plenty of eye relief as well.

Nice looking scope.
Russell Lynch gave it a good review.

Thank you to everyone for your help I visited a local Bass Pro in Baltimore and I ended up with a Leupold VX I 3x9x40. I have 3 other Leupolds so I figured I can't go wrong and I know the eye relief will work.

I love this site. Everyone is so helpful.

tpcollins you have the same base and twist in rings that i have on my Encore ...super solid

Back