Wisconsin Modern Deer Season Trail Cam Pictures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me these trail cam photos. They hunted hard all season and never saw a deer and hardly any sign. He felt these pictures might explain why...

001.jpg

He had this one walk right up under his tree stand to where the trail cam was set up. Note the time of day. He thought this might be a reason the deer were not coming through.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Little wonder why he saw no deer.

Wolves

Great pics. I've actually seen wolves in Shawano County while bow hunting up in my tree stand. I've also walked up on them on my way to the stand in pitch dark eating a dead deer.

What part of WI were these pics taken?

Yes wolves are all over the northern counties. These were in Iron county, near the Michigan border.

Those are neat pics. No wolves here, but we have no shortage of coyotes.

what is the status of the wolves there? are they "protected" I know some people think the are beautiful animals but to me I think wolves and coyotes are "deer eating machines". And if I happened to bump into a group of them protected or not I would have my .45 Sig out and ready to go.....

Currently wolves are protected. There is talk of having a season on wolves. It would be limited hunting by tag of course. I've had wolves come under my bow stand and never knew I was there. What amazes me is how fast that animal can disappear from sight. You see it one second and then it is gone.

Very true. One second they are there and the next they are gone. It is a sight to see though. Where I hunt Shawano County you typically dont see a lot of them. I've heard about the special season so lets see what happens.

Cool. They can be hard on the herd but they are just doing what comes natural.
I would be willing to bet that more deer are lost to car accidents than wolves.

Great pics Dave! That would put a different prospective in your mind while walking to/from your tree stand in the dark....cause me to be packing one. I'm glad we don't have those in Alabama....although we too have plenty of coyotes.

Coyotes are a problem in our area. Numerous studies have proven that a large number of fawns are lost each spring to these little wolves. Around here they are shot on site!

In east central Minnesota we also have wolves and coyotes both but when the wolves are around the coyotes are not around they don't get along.
Great pic Thanks Jeff

BuckDoeHunter said:
Coyotes are a problem in our area. Numerous studies have proven that a large number of fawns are lost each spring to these little wolves. Around here they are shot on site!

wolves and coyotes are shot on sight here ..unless they show me they're deer TAGS ..

Back