Barrel getting stuck closed after the shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger44

Reaction score
I have a CVA Optima Pro and the barrel will get stuck closed after the shot. The gun is a break action and I have to tap on the barrel pretty hard to get it to open up after each shot. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

not sure but is it possible that bowback is cause the primer to come back and get stuck on something. Definatly call CVA though. They will take care of it very quickly.

OptimaAndy said:
not sure but is it possible that bowback is cause the primer to come back and get stuck on something. Definatly call CVA though. They will take care of it very quickly.

Also could be the Firing pin is sticking in your primmer. As mentioned, probably caused by blowback. You need to clean-up the pin and spring assembly. Put this back together dry, NO OIL HERE.

:D 8) :)

Call CVA and if you have to send the rifle to them you shouldn't have any problems. I had a problem with a hair line crack in the weld under the barrel and they sent me a new barrel. No questions asked. Customer service was good also. I brought my rifle to the UPS service store already wrapped and they sent it for me with no problems and CVA sent it back UPS.

Good luck :!:

Mine has not been shot yet, but looking forward to it soon as soon as the weather breaks a little.

Back