BlackMag 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
I had been hunting all this week with some up and down weather and one rainy day. Left the powder in the gun all week and always left it in the truck when not hunting.
Wanted to check today just to make sure that it would go boom under these conditions so after hunting I shot my buddies gun target thats set at 100 yards and she hit right where she should have.
Yah BM3. Shes a good powder :yeah: :yeah:

That stuff makes BH 209 look affordable. I have never seen any of their product on a store shelf.

I have a place about an hour away and they have a few bottles of BM3 still and a case of the BMXP. They sell it for 25 a bottle.

That's not too bad then. I still have some BlackMag 3 left. I thought it was good powder as well but I had to slow bake it and turn it back into powder (rather than the solid chunk it had become in the containers). Haven't checked that powder for quite awhile (still have over a pound of it).

The price is what I meant by it SHOULD be. 39.xx for 10oz is getting up there.

Where do you get the powder? I'm guessing your over towards the east coast. Here in Missouri there is not anywhere to buy it. I purchased some from cabelas about 5yrs ago, and it has not been available around here since. I really liked the stuff, I chrony'd some loads of 110gr volume BM3 at 2200fps pushing a 240gr dead center, that's just plain gettin it!

yah, i live in maine. The company is only a hop, skip and jump away so we have easy access to it. I just wish the local gun shops, both within 2 miles from me carried it. All they carry is Pyro and T7. You can't get BH209 around here. the closest store is the cabelas 2.5 hours away. :( :(

So i end up run an hour away but i always make a good trip of it and do some fishing, moose searching or bear baiting when the season is open. I also buy enough to keep me busy for a while.

where ya goin kittery? man i havent been to kittery in over 15 years. kinda a long ride from fl. for me..

horsefly said:
where ya goin kittery? man i havent been to kittery in over 15 years. kinda a long ride from fl. for me..

yah, thats a little more than a hop, skip and jump :D :D

Spent a lot of money (then) in that old Kittery Trading Post. Lived in Kittery/Portsmouth for about a year and half while in the Navy. I would like to see what that Trading Post looks like now - it was pretty impressive even then.

Underclocked said:
Spent a lot of money (then) in that old Kittery Trading Post. Lived in Kittery/Portsmouth for about a year and half while in the Navy. I would like to see what that Trading Post looks like now - it was pretty impressive even then.

its HUGE now.
Main building has clothing down stairs and hunting stuff upstairs.
there are 2 other building for canoes/boats and i think that there is even an atv section there now.
they have the largest selection of used guns anywhere in the tri state area.

UC - I was there about a year ago.
Had at least 20 Gonic's - bet there is a couple left :wink:

They had several of those listed on their used guns section of the website but last time I looked, there was only one.

Latest posts

Back