Barnes and harvester

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wideone

Reaction score
I read your site often, you guys are the best. I am using 110 gr volume Blackhorn with 250 gr sst's and harvester black sabots in my Omegas. I want to switch to Barnes TEZ's because of the bullet construction. Can I use the short black harvesters? I read through the bullet diameter topics, but am confused. Thanks for any help.

Yes you can. T-EZ's are .451 and the SB harvester's are for .451's and .452's. You may want to try the spitfire MZ's also. I shoot the 285 gr. MZ's out of my omega and am getting 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds. with the supplied yellow sabots.

I use the black harvester crushed rib sabots with barnes tez and took 2 deer this year in my omega. Great bullet.

Thanks for the info! I have great accuracy with the SST's but some questionable results. Really looking forward to experimenting.

wideone said:
Thanks for the info! I have great accuracy with the SST's but some questionable results. Really looking forward to experimenting.

HORNADY sst's .are great and very accurate on paper ..but for a hunting situation BARNES EXPANDER MZ are hard to beat ..also noticed on the range the BARNES SPIT-FIRE TMZ which are [boat-tail] are not as accurate ..i find the flat base bullets more accurate ...[off topic] in my center-fire 300wsm boat-tail bullets are more accurate ..

My Triumph shoots the 245 gr. Barnes boattail in to 1-1 1/4" groups consistantly; plenty good for me! Have some flat based Barnes to try and if they're more accurate they should be super!!!! Using the Harvester Crush Rib Boattail sabot with the 245's.

Latest posts

Back