Patched Ball Shooters

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Rusticbob

My wife and I love the smell of Ballistol. I use it to clean and preserve the antiques we sell. Smells like success to me. Works to clean and preserve metal, wood, leather, canvas, rubber, etc.. Best invention to come out of Germany in years.

Buck Conner

You could say the same thing about a "honey wagon" if you were the owner/driver --- "Smells like success to me." :cheers: :thumbs up:

Rusticbob

You could say the same thing about a "honey wagon" if you were the owner/driver --- "Smells like success to me." :cheers: :thumbs up:
Maybe you can, not me. Although I do live in dairy country, and the days the farmers spread cow manure, I have come to enjoy!

Rusticbob

A vigorous hot soapy water cleaning, a clear water flush, an alcohol swish then Ballistol here.
I also do the same except I skip the alcohol swish and blow out the fire path and chamber with compressed air, then Ballistol.

big john

I'm an old guy also but like getting here! I knew way to many that didn't get the chance to get old! One was my brother.

Big John

Dusty hunter

Yesterday I was at a funeral. All us older people looked around wounding who was on deck next.

Silent Walker

FML Supporter
A little humor about moose milk because a friend asked if we get it from the cow moose. Truthfully after the Ballistol is mix with the water, the pillow ticking soaked and then hung like jerky to dry. Then if I feel like precutting the patches at 1.25"x1.25" for my .54's

Moose Milk Patches.jpg

toot

well I,LL, BE DAMNED! I have seen it all now, and it is not a photo sharped copy. what a young lady she is!!. thanking you or posting, and stopping this urban legend. now we know the rest of the story. and in MONTANA, not MAINE?