Found at the Gun Show

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
Love ot go to those tables that have boxes of junk in them and found 2 boxes of 20 each RemingtonBlackpowder Core Lokt Bullets. They are 44 caliber, 303 grain Jacketed Hollow Points. They came in a light green 4 petal sabot. Never heard or seen these before. Anyone have any experience? I got them for 6 bucks a box of 20. It even says in the warning ofr black powder only, not for smoekless powders.

Bucker

I might still have a box of those buried in the drawer someplace... i got them when I bought my first Rem 700ml. Think those might be the first series of MMP 44 cal green sabots. If I remember right they were pretty snug going down the bore. But they shot good - never did hunt with them....

I used these 5-6 years ago in my 700 ml. They grouped good at 100 yds. and really put the knock down on deer. Back then I was using 90 and 100 gr charges of pyrodex. I think you will like them at 100 yds. and under. I never tried them past that.

I tried them when I first got into muzzleloading. They shot REALLY good, but I had to almost stand on the ramrod to get them down in my Black Diamond XR. I remember them making a 275gr version too??? I wish they could be bought in bulk. I shoot nothing but Core Lokt in my centerfires for a reason.

Does anyone know if the 260gr Core Lokts used in the 20ga sabots are available in bulk like the 385gr 50cal? I'm assuming the 260s are 45 cal.

Back