any big plans for next year ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
i put in for limited entry antelope tags for my son and i . Don't have any points , this is the first time i have put in for any limited entry hunts . so i am not holding my breath . I sure would like a crack at a antelope with my encore .

anyone else doing anything special . out of state or anything ??

i always wanted to hunt out of state like ohio illinois,but there are so many outfitters and guides how do you choose a reputable one?

I would love to have the $$$$ to go after white tail every year . Our mule deer herds are almost gone here in N.Utah . No winter range . its all covered with homes in the valley i live in . :(

got 2 Ohio hunts planned for this year early archery and late muzzleloader

Superglide said:
but there are so many outfitters and guides how do you choose a reputable one?

Try looking at references from organizations like SCI, etc. Although the outfitters dontate hunts to their fund raisers, you can get good references from the members. If the outfitter does little advertising and mainly books from prior clients, that should tell you something. I would think any that claim near 100% success are desparate for business - just my take.

caribou hunt ...moose hunt ...deer hunt ..bear hunt ..am i missing anything.. i tagged 3 out of 4 in 2009

:D :) 8)

Just got hooked up a great place to hunt thru a friend that I work with. My friend told me all about the the place and on Friday he was kind enough to drive the 2.5 hours and take me all around the farms. There are 3 farms that are involved. They are all family owned and the guy who runs the operation is a real nice guy. Appro 650 acres with 150/175 acres of woods that surround the fields. There are 23 tree stands and a few ground blinds. Tracks every where and while we were driving around the fields we kicked up about 7 or 8 deer. Made my day :!: :!: :!:
SEASON IS 9 MONTHS AWAY :( :cry: :( :cry: HOPE I CAN MAKE :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: THANKS MIKE :!: :wink:

I hope to be able to go to Michigan next season for an archery hunt with my buddy.
Health concerns have led to my missing it the last two years.
I also hope to not miss 4 times with my muzzy next season

I am building points in a few states and I have a few really long draw odds.
My best odds for drawing are a muley hunt in Nevada...we'll see.
Otherwise I'm looking at few OTC hunts in Idaho.
Spring Black Bear
Archery Antelope
Muley deer
Elk
Whitetail Deer

saxman1 said:
I hope to be able to go to Michigan next season for an archery hunt with my buddy.

Where abouts in Michigan Saxman? That's where I'm from.

HunterB4 said:
saxman1 said:

Where abouts in Michigan Saxman? That's where I'm from.

I fly into Lansing and hunt out of Dewitt
Killed my first deer ever there

I would like to do a muzzy or bow hunt in Utah for either elk or muley's. A duck or goose hunt would be just as good.

Lord willing, I look forward to a spending a few days with old friend Tony Knight on his farm in MO.

We do a lot of B.S.'ing, solve most of the worlds problems and work in a little deer hunting too!!

RAZORBACK said:
We do a lot of B.S.'ing, solve most of the worlds problems and work in a little deer hunting too!!

This is the heart of deer camp something many will never know or understand if they don't get the chance to experience it for themselves. I am fortunate to have several hunting buddies that the time away is as rewarding as the hunt itself. We do manage to fill some tags each year but the fellowship will never be forgotten.

DC

I will be living close to texas next year and probably hunt thier. Dont know how much public land they have, but hopefully i can find some. I really dont have the money to rent a lease.

I'm planning a trip to New Zealand for next year. Probably go after a Red Stag and a ram. I haven't decided on an outfitter yet or worked out any of the logistics. I'd like to somehow get my ML shipped over there, use it and then ship it back to the states. Being stationed here in Japan I couldn't bring it with me. Either that or use an outfitter that has loaner guns. I'll figure something out.

I plan to actually SHOOT A DEER this coming season! I guess I can't complain too much. I got to sight the guns in, clean the guns, pack for the trips, butcher the 8 deer we harvested, and stow the gear.

It was actually a great past season. My older son got his first deer with a bow, my wife and younger son got their first with a muzzleloader, my older daughter her first double with a muzzleloader (within five mins of eachother).

So, needless to say, this coming Nov. is all about me! Well,.... at least after I recheck the guns, clean the guns, pack the gear, ....etc.

Latest posts

Back