Passed month has been hard on me.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Passed month has been hard on me with triple bypass surgery then a heart attack on top of that at 80 years of age. Now in the recovery stages of trying to work throught the pain and learning the old skills that I'm now missing. I have a big mouth and have always done as I pleased, talk everything chaning, now afraid of my own shadow. I'm so weak can't hold a 10 lb. rifle. This is going to take a long recovery.

Passed month has been hard on me with triple bypass surgery then a heart attack on top of that at 80 years of age. Now in the recovery stages of trying to work throught the pain and learning the old skills that I'm now missing. I have a big mouth and have always done as I pleased, talk everything chaning, now afraid of my own shadow. I'm so weak can't hold a 10 lb. rifle. This is going to take a long recovery.
So happy to see you back on line! I'll PM you for privacy sake.
Stan

Buck, don't give in to depression; been there, done that. Just be a good patient, and know we all here have your interests and well being at heart. After my eye surgery just over two weeks ago I was told NOT to lift anything close to 10 lbs. I'm thinking it's okay now and you should try and keep a good outlook. Best of luck for a fast recovery.

Age forty had sepsis and damn near died. Age 52 West Nile viral encephalitis meningitis. A week in the hospital and 3 of those days in an icu. In my fifties 2 heart attacks and 3 stents placed. Age 60 first triple cardiac ablation for afib. Age 61 stage 4 esophageal cancer with full on radiation and chemo (one sick s.o.b.) Now age 63 and second cardiac ablation resulting in a stay in the icu for dressler's sydrome. Plus disabled since age 55 from spinal stenosis, arthritis and severe degenerative disc disease. I made through all that and fought back to stay upright and causing trouble. YOU WILL TOO. It is hard but never give up no matter your or physical status at the time. Life hit yah so hit it back. HARD. Best wishes for a good and quick recovery!

How is it that we all manage to stay alive? disease, injuries, poisons everywhere, SHEESH! And you don't even have to be a "senior" to start falling apart. What's wrong with this picture? Like Josey Wales said, "dying is easy, it's living that's hard". The best to you all. :thumbs up:

How is it that we all manage to stay alive? disease, injuries, poisons everywhere, SHEESH! And you don't even have to be a "senior" to start falling apart. What's wrong with this picture? Like Josey Wales said, "dying is easy, it's living that's hard". The best to you all. :thumbs up:
Because the tough generations before us have taught most of us how to take care of ourselves without the help of the government....simple really.....also, stromboli heals.

Last edited:
Buck, I really regret that you are going through such a difficult recovery. And, I know full well how hard it is to go from a vigorous, even adventurous life to a period of trauma recovery. The most important part of the experience I can attest to is that it gets better!

By the way, about 30% of open heart surgery patients develop depression within 3 months of the surgery. One of those statistical data points is me! And I came out of the other side of the tunnel and am enjoying life thoroughly.

Two surgeries to re-attach my ruptured quadriceps tendon bookend my open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. Flatlined in the ICU and saved by CPR and a restarting of my heart. Just last month finished 10 weeks of rehab and re-learning to walk. With all that, I am thrilled to be alive and ready to take on the world.

I may not be able to do some of the activities I once did, but I have more time to be a pain-in-the-ass.
I'll contact you in PM, as well.
Ron

Buck, here is your daily dose of get well soon. I don't know about depression, never fell in to that. You will get frustrated more than anything, however, you'll get over that as time and healing pass.
funny.jpg.jpg

True what Ron said. It took me a long time to crawl out of that dark hole; but with loads of therapy and the right medication it finally turned out well for me just several years ago. It's scary, I won't lie, but if you can keep your focus then you're halfway there.

I had a pericarditis with tampenard, ( 1340 mils of fluid taken off the heart, no one survives 1500ml) took me a couple of years to recover, I remember despairing over whether I would manage a full days work, get on a horse or just plain feel well again. I did eventually as you will, it will happen ever so slowly, you won't notice the changes but you wife and friends will see the gradual improvement. Just had a mate up the road in his mid 70's have a horrendous operation, then months extra in hospital with infections, should have killed him. Its taken 14 months and he is walking up the hill now pretty much as well as he was before the op. Just hang in there mate, it will improve and follow any recovery instructions as best you can.

Cheers

Gordon

Buck I hope this website will continue to be interesting, informative and THERAPEUTIC for you as it is for me and it just wouldn't be the same without your knowledgeable input SO HANG IN THERE. I've even had a talk with the LORD about the continued well being of the " Ole buffl'r killer".... Mossie, out here.

Back