DAMN IT!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Went to the range today to get my ML all sighted in for Spring Bear season, fired 4 shoots and was setting the rear sight for my 5th, not thinking about what I was doing.....and thinging more about the next shot......I tightened the screw to much and busted my rear sight!!!!! :oops: :twisted: ........Guess a new scope is in the future!!! :lol:

Perry

I would contact the company and tell them that the rear sight broke while tightening. But there is nothing wrong with a new scope either.

I for one cannot feel confident picking a spot on dark colored bear fur in low light. I only hunt 'em with a scoped rifle 'cause they most always show up at last light. Either way, little set backs like yours are just part of paying your dues, sometimes.

cayuga said:
I would contact the company and tell them that the rear sight broke while tightening. But there is nothing wrong with a new scope either.

Yeah, thought of that!......But its a 50-50 deal......They put plastic sights and I should have been paying more attention!!

Perry

greatbasin said:
I for one cannot feel confident picking a spot on dark colored bear fur in low light. I only hunt 'em with a scoped rifle 'cause they most always show up at last light. Either way, little set backs like yours are just part of paying your dues, sometimes.

My goal this Spring was to take a Black Bear with open sights with my ML! It had the Lite Optic sights, so sight alinement would have been good. But i'll be happy to take one with a scoped ML as well!!! :D Living up here in BC, spoting a Black Bear can happen at any time of the day!! The populations are doing real good, and baiting is illegal, we have to spot and stock all our Bears! Can't wait for the opener!!!

Perry

You've probaly thought of it but thoght I'd ask, is there no way to repair it. Was is the adjustment screw or the site itself? They make some aweful strong epoxy these days.

Heres how it looks:

IMG_0161.jpg

Perry

I'd make the company replace it. Another thought is a ghost ring sight from TruGlow... they would be a nice way to go.

Perry,

That is a blessing in disguise, really! You don't want to be relying on a plastic sight on any hunt that I have ever been on. For spot and stalk bears you need rugged sights that will be reliable when you need them. Those plastic sights just don't cut it in my book. I use quality metallic sights from companies like Williams for my rugged hunts in the Rockies.

Williams makes Fire-Sights that use the fiber optics that even if the fiber were to break, the sight would still be usable.

Better you learned how cheap those plastic sights are now, before the hunt. I would go with the WGRS peep or a set of Fire-Sights. I know a guy that lost his hunt due to the cheap plastic sights getting bumped in the cold and breaking.

Give Traditions a call and tell them you would like to replace the plastic with their better aluminum alloy fiber optic sights. Never know, they may just replace them.

Busta, Thinging you are right! Think i'll send Traditions an e-mail tomorrow just to see what they have to say!! Sent them an e-mail awhile ago about a miss stamp on the rifling, its stamped 1-48 and its actually 1-28, got a reply within 8hrs for that!! This will be the "CUSTOMER SERVICE" test!! I'll keep you all posted!!

Perry

Back