T/C Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberwolves

Reaction score
I just purchased a T/C Omega Z5 camo with a SS barrel with weathercoat and a thumbhole stock. Now I need to set this ML up. Any advice on what loads and type of powder to shoot. I would like to use pellets. Also need ideas for what type of scope. 4x or a 3-9 ? I will be hunting in Upstate N.Y. most of our shots are under 100 yds. during the regular gun season. I dont think the ML season will be any different distances. I will also need to set my self up with some sort of cleaning set-up any ideas. I am new to ML and have introduced myself on the newbie forum. Thank you John

Try two pyrodex pellets and a Shock Wave 250 gr bullet with the supplied sabot, if you want to improve on that try the Short Black Harvester sabot and 2X50 gr and 1X30 gr. Lee
PS swab between shots for the greatest accuracy. Clean well between shots and have a cold barrel to get the same POI as when hunting.

110 gr. of BH 209 or 777 and a 250gr shockwave and harvester short black sabot. Should be a tack driver.

your omega

i had an omega once that would not load a sabot bullet. swabbing between shots did not help. i hope yours is better than mine was. any way, a good 250 grain bullet with 100 grains 2 pellets will knock down anything in NY. SuperGLide or low drag sabots are easier to load, but they supposedly lose accuracy, but i have never heard any of the deer i have shot complain.

Latest posts

Back