off topic !!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UtahRob

Holy Cow!!! - I really feel a bit guilty now, for not reading this thread sooner and responding to your position.

I think everyone else has done that much better than I might have been able to do.

As already said - God Bless and my thoughts and prayers are directed to you for yourself, your family, and your mother.

take care

Hang in there Rob. I lost my mom two weeks ago to a very long and horible fight to cancer. She fought cancer for 12 years and was told atleast 6 times that she had less than 6 months to live. I only share this with you to let you know that there are those who can sympathise with you and truly know what you are going through and the tremendous loss of loosing a parent, especially your mom.

Hang in there and I pray your mom is comforted along with your family

This is why i love this forum. People come together without really knowing or seeing one another. Rob my prayers are with you. i also commend you for posting this and letting your feelings out. In my book thats the best medicine for the soul , share your experiences.

Rob,

May the good Lord Smile on you and your Family in these tough times.

Best wishes and Prayers from NY.

ShawnT

My prayers are with you. Be strong, she would want you to be.

God Bless you and your family, in these tough times.

This is so heart wrenching , watching my mother slowly die . she is no longer drinking or eating now and chokes every time i giver her the liquid morphine every hour , She is also having trouble breathing now and i need to put her on her side and pound on her back to keep her from suffocating on fluids .What really gets to me is the look of panic she gives me and how helpless i feel . I pray every day at least 3-4 times that she goes soon . I just wounder what more i need to learn from this ?? Its sure a humbling experience . When she is in pain and i stroke her cheek ,she sies like a baby and i can see her relax . I sure hope our father in heaven takes her home soon !!

My mother just passed away at 11;00pm she went peaceful . :D

Thank you all for you kind words and prayers .

God bless you ,
RobK. .

She is with the Father now and is no longer in pain nor does she have demenshia.
She has a heald body and mind and she no doubt loves you very much.
Rest in Peace

bless you

Hello,

I haven't been a member here long but it seems like this is a good group of people. You have been through an ordeal and you came through as best as any of us could expect to. I regretfully had a similar experience with my dad several years ago and lost my grandmother earlier this month. It is never easy and you should be proud. I am sure your mother would be proud of you the way you stood with and beside her through it. Remember the good times.

You have my prayers as you get through this.

I can not imagine what your going through. I am much younger than you and my parents are still young and able. But I do remember how i felt when my grand mother was dieing from cancer. I never had to make the decisions that you have had to. My heart and prayers go out to you. To make such a hard decision shows how much you love your mother and not wanting her to suffer just so that you can share more time with her and not wanting to let her go.
You will be in my prayers GOD bless

I took this a few weeks ago when all she could do is smile . I am very blessed to have such a sweet and kind mother . Even when dieing she still was teaching me . Even when she was in so much pain she could not hardly talk she would thank me for everything . It was such a oner to help her and be there for her , i learned things i could never have leaned else where . I will be going to California in a few days to put her body to rest next to my dad .

This is what greeted me every time i entered her room until she could no longer stay awake and went into a coma state .

mybeautifulmomDSCN0338.jpg

Rob-
I wish i could put my feelings into words like some other people can, I just seem to be one of those that say "yeah- what he said."
I have carried the caskets of my baby brother, my grandfather, my cousin and my best friend.
It is rough, but you were lucky you had the time to make things right with her, I wish I would have had the chance to warn J.T. about the road he was on. He was my best friend- saw some really ugly stuff in the desert (the first invasion) and never got over it. He died in a car single car crash.
I wish I would have had the time to talk to him before he died.Or maybe I did, when we were perched on barstools, talking nonsense.

I'm sorry about losing your mom but I'm sure she is much much happier now then we will ever know till we get to heaven. For awhile its hard to quit being stressed out from the day in day out ordeal that you just went thru. After my mom passed away I started to feel like the weight of the world had passed away as I watched her go over a year and a half period.It feels selfish at first but then you will start to notice your kids and your wife as you did before her illness. and you will have a real appreciation of your mom like never before of what she did for you in her life. Like I said "mom's are great".

Im sorry for your loss , and im happy for you that you do not have the stress that you did.

I'm sorry Rob... God bless you and your family in this tough time.

Back