Finally found 40/10mm over 200gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for reasonably priced heavier than normal plated or cast 40/10mm bullets with little success.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/conten ... ?viewImg=0

220gr FP hardcast 500 for $57.60

I dont really need 500 so i may sell some if anyone is interested.

Not bad pricing depending on quality. I wish Oregon Trail offered a similar weight.

Sound like a interesting cheaper paper punching option in a 40/45 Accura? BH209 seems to do well with slightly heavy for caliber bullets, so im hoping to get near 200gr velocities.

Now if i could just get a nice weekend. Its going to be 19F or below most of the weekend. :evil:

Could you post a picture of that bullet. I would like to see it. The link sent me to a site with boxes showing. Also I will be looking forward to your range report.

cayuga said:
Could you post a picture of that bullet. I would like to see it. The link sent me to a site with boxes showing. Also I will be looking forward to your range report.

Ive been looking and just found them tonite. I guess i am going to have to call them after this weekend. I tried google and nada.

SABOTLOADER

How did the .41 bullets load? I've looked at them in the past, just figured they weren't a good fit in any of the available sabots.

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

Check this thread - it might have some information you might find interesting....

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=15227

I did see that one and thank you

I also found quite a few older lead BP calibers in .406-.410 but most were over 240gr. Pricing was also much higher.

My Accura prefers the tan sabots sofar with plated and jacketed. The crushribs are a tiny bit loose but i can get them cheap (under $6/50). Usually cast are a bit over sized so it should be interesting and possibly a sub 21 cent sabot/bullet combo.

Maybe even a cheap feral hog load....from a tree stand of course. :lol:

GM54-120

if you get them and want to sell off some i'll buy 100.
i'm going to be shootin alot of .40 this year...karl

GM54-120

My Accura prefers the tan sabots sofar with plated and jacketed. The crushribs are a tiny bit loose but i can get them cheap (under $6/50).

Correct the CR are to loose in all of my ML's also, but with the thicker bullet 41 vs 40 they tighten up quickly and go down very snug.

GM54-120 said:
Ive been looking for reasonably priced heavier than normal plated or cast 40/10mm bullets with little success.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/conten ... ?viewImg=0

220gr FP hardcast 500 for $57.60

I dont really need 500 so i may sell some if anyone is interested.

Not bad pricing depending on quality. I wish Oregon Trail offered a similar weight.

Sound like a interesting cheaper paper punching option in a 40/45 Accura? BH209 seems to do well with slightly heavy for caliber bullets, so im hoping to get near 200gr velocities.

Now if i could just get a nice weekend. Its going to be 19F or below most of the weekend. :evil:

If you are using a 1-28 twist please post your results I would like to know if it will stabilize that length of bullet. Lee

bullet

If you are using a 1-28 twist please post your results I would like to know if it will stabilize that length of bullet. Lee
X2. Love the 200 grain/10mm in a 40/50 CR sabot over 110 grains of BH 209

I will be trying them in a 1-28 45cal Accura and My 50cal Ovation with 1-24 when i can get the 40/50 sabots.

Im fairly sure they will stabilize. I tried the PR 250gr QT 40/45 and none keyholed. I only had 12 though so i didnt have enough to try a wide variety of powder loads and ranges.

Update..been kinda busy.

Order is confirmed, in stock and will be here in about 5 days. I got 500 on the way. If they work out i will order 1000 next time.

Dillion customer service was pretty good and the Brinell hardness rating is over 20. Ive heard they are rated 23 from reviews on the 10mm forum.

They wont expand much if any but im hoping these will make really good paper punchers and tolerate some stout loads. Its a truncated flat point and only come pre lubed.

I will be testing them in the Accura with the 40/45 Crushribs since they appear to be the longest 45cal sabot. Plus i prefer the CRs for cast bullets.

In my 50cal Ovation i plan on using whichever sabot fits the MMP magnum sub base the best. Its a 1:24" twist and im hoping this combo perform good with heavy charges.

Latest posts

Back