Olde E 2F VS Swiss 2F .45 Cal PRB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
Awesome Sub Forum Jonathan :thumbs up: :

Well fellas this is a little closer up, The reasoning is the Sandpit was TORE Up from 4Wheeling yesterday, Last night. Kids, Even adults Tear this Sandpit up with 4wheelers, and 4wheel Drives, They had my Spot RUTTED UP Bad! I wasn’t gonna Dig their Ruts out in order to get back, I settled for Closer. I am Roughly 20 Yards Closer here than I normally Shoot, 65-70 Yards here.

I was THOROUGHLY impressed with Olde Eynsford 2F in this CVA Mountain Rifle, it Shot VERY Well!! Then up was The Swiss 2F, If you Listen at Swiss Shot # 3 i “CLICK”? I was settled in really good and Squeezed the Shot off, I had the Gun on Halfcock :roll: I had to Re Set and Go again.

Last edited by a moderator:
edmehlig said:
Outstanding Shooting Lew!!  I think I would stick with Swiss 2F, but you couldn't complain with either group or powders.
You know me Ed, i am a DIEHARD Swiss 2F Guy, Especially in my Bullet Guns. I won’t be changing anything with them. But i was THOROUGHLY impressed with this Olde Eynsford this morning in my Roundball Rifle, it Shot VERY well! For this application Olde E did GREAT! And it’s about 7-8 Dollars a Can Cheaper. 

I could be wrong? But I don’t think it will do as well with Bullets? Unless that 1 and only Bullet outing i had with Olde E was my Fault? Which VERY well could of been, I’m Human, and do error! But i rarely ever throw shots that Bad, The Olde E 3 Shot Group was about 3-4” and an odd Diagonal String, My 2 Swiss Shots on the other hand were nearly Touching, as it usually does for me.

After this morning it sparked my interest to try Olde E again, Put it back up against Swiss out of 1 of my “Top Dog” Bullet Guns, and of course a Proven Load, in which i have Several :D Maybe from my Knight Mountaineer And Paper Patch Load? This big 25X High end Scope takes out a Bunch of Human error, I feel like it would be as fair a Test as i can possibly do

Hey Lewis have a question for you.

I'm having Carl Walker [GRRW.CA custom muzzle-loading gunsmith] guy build me another rifle, I get to choose the type of barrel, ignition, etc.

What would be the best rate of twist in a .40 caliber muzzle-loading barrel? Standard with most of these barrel makers is 1-48 with no other choices. It will be a percussion half stock gun.

I'm thinking a twist rate for a bullet that I could get some good accuracy out to 700 yards? What are your thoughts?

Buck

Talked to Doc White last night about rifle barrels, his biggest problem has been getting the twist's wanted without costing mega bucks if the barrel maker is willing to make one.

WHITE RIFLES TEAM WINS THE 2006 MANUFACTURER’S MATCH
It is hard for me to express how proud I am of this team of shooters. Their dedication to the task was exemplary. No one will ever know how many hours of practice it took to do this, let alone the mind control and discipline. They have my hearty thanks, little reward for their mighty accomplishment. The match was discontinued after White cleaned everyone’s clock.
I guess we get to keep the trophy.
Doc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back