scope base for Genesis

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson.dh

Reaction score
can someone here help with were I can find a set of scope bases for my Genesis. have tried midway and bass pro. no go. I know there is a ton of places out there, and some body has to have them in stock.

Thanks,

These two places say that everything is availiable

Brownells:

Fits Apex Muzzle Loader; CVA All Round Barrel Models; Traditions Round Barrel; Remington Genesis Muzzle Loader; Win X-150

947-000-163
Maxima Base Set, Polished $23.75

947-000-164
Maxima Base Set, Matte $23.75

947-000-213
Maxima Base Set, Silver $26.65

Midway USA

Warne Maxima 2-piece Weaver Style bases
Blue 593402
Matte 750848
Silver 996237

I like the Weaver style steel bases, and Warne is one of the best. Couple those with the Burris Rings that have the plastic inserts and you have a fool proof system. Those rings hold like super glue and do NOT mark up a scope.

Hope this helps

You can order them from Traditions Firearms also. A1789 is the key code I think. You will need high rings as the medium will not allow the cam to open and close. I mounted a Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm on my Genesis the other day. Great combination.

I'm tring to mount a 3.5x10x50 BSA w/illuminated retical. so I will need a rather high mount.

Lawson you're going to need a high mount anyway. Its the came you have to worry about. You might have to pull the rear sight with that big bell, but it should work.

The Genesis is the same as the Traditions Yukon for parts. Call Traditions Firearms and ask them if it would work. They have a good customer service.

Cayuga,
thanks for info, will call monday afternoon a see if I can get some help.
problem is I need dimentions on ring hight and they all list them as high no specs. I'm going to need almost 3/4" from the bottom of the base to the bottom of the tube to get the bell to clear. and I will need to remove rear sight.

1.58 inches is the measurement of the objective diameter.

Genesis002.jpg

As you can see, I am not even touching the base of the rear sight. I did pull the fiber optics off, but the base is still there. Whether this helps or not I am not sure.

2.2 is the dia. that BSA gives, but I can now compair what you have and measure the hight of the sight base and see what it would give me for clearance. thanks that helps alot.
am at work right now so I'll have to check in AM when I get home.
thanks again

Latest posts

Back