OMEGA X7 QUESTION

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAX

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this gun...what loads work best, what kind of accuracy to expect?

A friend of mine has this gun, he is not into muzzle loaders like we are so he didnt experiment with it enough to see what bullet powder combo it liked. I did get to shoot it a couple of times, and it was a good shooting gun. He was shooting some polymer tip bullets with a yellow sabot and they were hard as hell to fit down the barrel, i think they were made by t/c dont remember the name. I think its an excellent gun for the money the only thing i didnt care for is the stock. I would look around on the site and see what others are using with good results.

I love the stock. I think it's the best looking muzzleloader T/C makes. If it's anything like the other Omegas it should shoot fine with BH209.

Sorry i was thinking z5 stock i have never held the x7 my bad i cannot comment on that stock

good question, there are some around for a decent price and I was wondering the same thing. some of the reviews on cabela's when they carried it said they were extremely picky getting a good load, possibly the ol pressure point variance scenario.

so bring on the info on the omega x7, yes it is a handsome devil... :twisted:

I bought one on Dec. 26th. from Cabala's. I love it. Just got finished working up my hunting load last week end.

X7-031.jpg

SimmonsProDiamond4X.jpg

man that is some kind of HAWT!

I really wish I had known semisane when I lived in NO for six years...I missed out.
I was a member at the Picayune smokepolers range for years.

I have one, I love it.

I am shooting 90 grains of BH209 and 300 grain TC XTP mag's with the short black sabots works great. Took a nice doe this year at 60 yards. I love shooting it. My X7 seems to like the 300 grain bullets best, It also works great using 7 50 grain 777 pellets and the same 300 grain XTP mags.

Thanks for all the replies guys...found one at a super buy and didn't know if I wanted it or not...think I do now. Have seven other T/C guns, but none this short, glad to hear this one seems to be a shooter...Thanks Again.

Semisane, that is a really good looking rifle with that scope on there. And it looks like you're getting it all figured out.

Cattledog said:
I have one, I love it.

I am shooting 90 grains of BH209 and 300 grain TC XTP mag's with the short black sabots works great. Took a nice doe this year at 60 yards. I love shooting it. My X7 seems to like the 300 grain bullets best, It also works great using 7 50 grain 777 pellets and the same 300 grain XTP mags.

I hope that 7 was a typo? :shock: I know it was, but I am curious if it was supposed to be 2 or 3? I have always had a soft spot for that rifle, came close to buying a couple times, but was hoping the "King of the Mountain" would have came without a QLA for shooting conicals.

I love that laminated stock. i have not seen this model mentioned on the thompson website. is it supposed to be a no frills omega?

Those special edition Omegas are some of the best looking inline muzzleloaders ever made IMO.

Good gosh those are good looking guns, i had never noticed the special guns section before, how much are the laminated x7's going for and who sells them? thanks for the info

I stole the one you see in that picture from the Cabala's Bargain Cave.

OmegaX73.jpg

It had the yellow Bargain Cave sticker with the $428 price tag. I took it to the counter and said I would give them $328 for it. The little lady behind the counter printed out a new price sticker and put it on the tag. I almost ran to the check out. :D

Here's the "damage" that sent it to the Bargain Cave. It was brand spanking new with the TC tool kit and manual still in the sealed packet attached to the trigger guard.

OmegaX72.jpg

I wonder if the ol hot iron and damp cloth trick would bring a dent like that out. thats a heck of deal you got.

I'm keeping that dent just to remind me of the deal. :lol: :lol: :wink:

On top of that, I used one of those "$30 off any purchase of $150 or more" coupons and got it for $298.

Back