All steel aperture rear sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love aperture sights, espicially steel ones.Several times in different posts , I've mentioned the model I have on my Black Diamond XR .50 ( and formerly on my Omega Z5).I was incorrect on the model of the sight, having said it was a Savage 1919.Recently , while very bored, I looked through a sight collector's book at B&N and found it listed as a Savage model 10, used on the Model 1919, Model 23( B,C,and D) rifles. Will post a picture when my camera starts working again. It fits the 2 mentioned T/C's like it was made for them and looks great.It has micrometer adjustments , the value of which varies with sight radius. I've seen several at various gun shows and I paid $85 for mine , which is nearly mint condition.It doesn't require a front sight change either. If aperture sights appeal to you, or scopes are verboten where you hunt, I can recommend this sight without hesitation.It would be well worth your while to find one. :D

Back