Not Going Hungry

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Doctor won't let me go hunting but I can go fishing.

Went to the river and caught 4 Rainbows.

oneshot

How can a doctor stop you from going hunting? Only you can make that decision.

OldMtnMan said:
How can a doctor stop you from going hunting? Only you can make that decision.
Doctor said they don’t want me walking in the woods.

The other day I wanted to stop get some Bullets and Broadheads. My wife said forget it your not going hunting this year. Truth is I do need help which isn’t found around here even though I have five sons.

Still only have use of one arm.

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
Doctor won't let me go hunting but I can go fishing.

Went to the river and caught 4 Rainbows.

oneshot
:ttups: Wish I had a good trout stream or river nearby.  
For my 36th wedding anniversary I went out to dinner last light and char-broiled trout was on the restaurant menu.  Couldn't pass it up...it was delicious. :)

OldMtnMan said:
How do you reel in the fish with one hand?
I can use my Lower Arm and Hand just can’t raise it.

Just got home from Doctors they are going to take a piece of Nerve from my Lower Arm graft it into my Shoulder. I have 50% chance getting use of my arm.

oneshot

OldMtnMan said:
That doesn't sound good. Good luck and I hope it turns out well.
What is really ticking me off is I will lose strength in what I have now and if this don't work I will be in worse shape.

Then the heck with them go hunting, use Tripod.

oneshot

I've had a doctor tell me not to go hunting. I just say...Ok Doc, and go hunting.

OldMtnMan said:
I've had a doctor tell me not to go hunting. I just say...Ok Doc, and go hunting.
I came home from the Hospital one time supposed to take it easy.

My wife came home I was setting on the Pond Bank, feet up , Rifle in hand Deer Hunting.

I was told not to do anything for a year one time. My Son drawed a Tag to hunt in the mountains. He asked me to go because I knew the area that I could just take care of camp.

Well I did things I shouldn’t have and got a Hernia. Hey had a good time though. Last Fall I had a Ofshore Fishing Trip planned but Head to Toe Arthritis put me down from September to February.

oneshot

That's the problem with growing older, your body doesn't work correctly but your mind thinks your 20 years younger guys. :rolleyes:

My doctor pretty much knows I'm going to do whatever the hell I want to do. It's the wife I have to work around.😨

Just me and my dog and as long as I feed him and take him for runs, he doesn't care what I do. Good dog.

When I turned 70, decided I just wasn't gona get old any more! Well at 73, we see that ain't going so well anymore...... Still hunt by myself, but several folks know within couple hundred sq. yds where I can be found. Still use my "old man" climber, but use the safety line going up and down now. Used to just use it when I got to the top and then down.

Guys, you can't let your age get in the way. I hunt every year with my 2 sons. When I think I can't do something, Jon and Stan go Dad we just take it easy you can do it, next thing I know I just went up the mountain that tops out at over 13,000'. We do a lot of walking when we hunt and that seems to do me good. There's no doubt by days end we are damned tired. The thing is if we don't get anything, what we do get is some gorgeous scenery and we find ways to have fun.

I can use my Lower Arm and Hand just can’t raise it.

Just got home from Doctors they are going to take a piece of Nerve from my Lower Arm graft it into my Shoulder. I have 50% chance getting use of my arm.

oneshot
Good luck oneshot. Had both rotator cuffs repaired. Right in 2011 and left in 2016. Don't give up.

Good luck oneshot. Had both rotator cuffs repaired. Right in 2011 and left in 2016. Don't give up.

How did that go with your rotator cuffs, length of recovery time, any issues after healing? 😧 My wife is scheduled to have her left side done this coming month, that means I have to do her duties as well as mind. First though was we'll get one of these robots to help out ......

The wife told the doctor "Buck will want the robot to make and bring him coffee." The doctor thought that was really funny, a first he had heard that one.

How did that go with your rotator cuffs, length of recovery time, any issues after healing? 😧 My wife is scheduled to have her left side done this coming month, that means I have to do her duties as well as mind. First though was we'll get one of these robots to help out ......

The wife told the doctor "Buck will want the robot to make and bring him coffee." The doctor thought that was really funny, a first he had heard that one.

It went very well with both. I tore them up really bad at work. I worked in the gas fields as a mechanic. It took about 6 weeks to get out of the sling and about 2 months of therapy twice a week. The therapy is definitely a must! Of course I tore the right cuff up really bad at work again and it's so bad they can't repair it. Doc said the only options are: shoulder replacement (which he doesn't suggest), or a pain injection every so often. After the surgery just don't get crazy and let it heal and she should do really well. Before I had the surgery, I slept very little. Just be sure you do the therapy, that insures she will have maximum range of motion. BTW: Good luck on that robot....LOL!

The wife's problem is with having MS and her right side is useless, and now having the left arm tied up its going to be hard on her for a while.

Back