Nosler Sporting Handgun Bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtire

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying the Nosler Sporting handgun bullets in my .50 inline guns.  I was wondering if any of you had tried them and what sort of results did you get.  They sell blemished bullets pretty regularly so I think they'd be fairly economical.  I've been shooting 250 grain T/C Shockwaves.  Thanks in advance, Quinn.

An inexpensive bullet (purchased in 100pks) with a nice track record are the 240, 250, 300gr XTPs.

The former Nosler Partitions handgun bullets had a nice track record. I haven't heard of anyone posting deer-harvest results using the Nosler Handgun bullets you mention.

I was hoping they might be an all around bullet.  Reasonable enough for the range and a decent deer bullet.  If not, I'll just stick with the T/C's.

They are similar in price to the XTP's, but much cheaper when they show up as blems at SPS.  I use Nosler blems in all my centerfire rifles and stock up when they are available.  I just thought I might be able to do the same with muzzleloader bullets if anyone had experience with them.  I'm not looking to be a field tester here.

QuinnTheEskimo, I put this particular NOSLER bullet to the ultimate test awhile back.  If you go with this NOSLER I would go heavier for hunting than the 200 grainer I used.  I also kept my charge down at 90 grains.

https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t2134-200-gr-nosler-jhp?highlight=nosler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t6371-7-pointer-drops?highlight=7+pointer

Thank you Marty!  I was thinking about trying the .44 240 grain bullets.  Any thoughts on that or suggestions for a sabot to try? They would be pretty reasonable at $20.95/100.

I don't have any experience with the .44/240 grainers.   All of my testing was done from a .45 bore. Perhaps some of our .50 members might help you out on the sabot.

Marty said:
I don't have any experience with the .44/240 grainers.   All of my testing was done from a .45 bore. Perhaps some of our .50 members might help you out on the sabot.
So you were shooting .40's?  I've got a .45 Black Diamond, so maybe I'll give those a go.

Yep, I use .40 bullets almost exclusively out of my .45's.  You'll just need to hit the range :shooter:  with the 240's and see how they fly in a .50 bore.

Latest posts

Back