40cal 200grn lehigh bullets are here.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Time to scope up the brand new 45cal Knight Disc Elite. I have been waiting for these bullets. They look awesome to say the least. Here are some pics. The weight is 198.5grns.

200grnLehighbullets011.jpg

bullets

I look forward to your results . The bullet looks good but I had hoped it would be a tad more arodynamic. Brass is normally a little more brittle than copper. I hope doohans gel trials show good expansion without breaking off with the other .45 bullets. Do you plan to send some of these to him also for gel testing?
Wayles

They do look nice... now if they will hold together on a 10 yard 2400fps shot we will be in business. Oh, shoot around one inch at 100 yards... that's not asking alot is it?????? :wink:

Certainly the ballistic coefficient of that bullet isn't in the same league of a 200gr SST/Shockwave. Actually it looks like it will have to be less than a Barnes Expander 195gr .40cal.

Doohan said:
They need some plastic implants! 8)

Not really. I can shoot 2"groups at 200yds with a 250grn XTP in a T/C Triumph all day long. My NULA is actually better. Everybody has there specific thing they like to do. My goal is to have a good bullet out to two hundred yards or so. If i'm going on a big game hunt and the shooting is over two hundred yards i'm probably going to take a centerfire.

I have shot Deer and Turkey over 275yds with a Muzzleloader. You and Chuck Witnessed this. Is that good practice all the time???? A 10mph cross wind will move a 300grn Barnes original alot at 300yds. The Barnes has a very good BC. Check the numbers on my 150grn 7MM-08 with the same wind at 300yds. A big difference.

Most Deer all over the world are shot at 100yds or less. Whats the best bullet? Hornady will tell you they have terminal performance issues on game. That's very obvious to me. Thats why they keep changing the bullet.

The 250grn XTP, The 275grn Parker Ballistic Extreme, and The 220grn thru 300grn DeadCenters have no issues on game at there reccomended velocities. We all know this.

So far the Lehigh bullets are very accurate and the construction and design looks very well. The key to this bullet will be how it does on game. The gel test is a start. In the field results are the best results. A few hogs, about 10 or so Deer we should see how they perform.

I make absolutely nothing to shoot these bullets. I buy them to see how they work so other people will have some idea of what they are getting. He sent me the 40caliber bullets for free. I will report honest results out of a 45caliber ML and a 50cal this weekend. If it's good you will know. If it's bad, you will know that to.

If JJ wants to test them in the gel, i have no problem sending him 200grn bullets to try as well. He knows my number. :)

Grouse.. that is a beautiful rifle and set up. I am envious of you. I own a White .451 and have tried sabots out of it. The results were good mind you, but its really a conical rifle. I have looked at different .45 caliber rifles but your opinion on one brand changed my mind on a potential purchase. I bet that rifle will just flat out shoot.

Also it is clear you have shooting skills. When you get that tuned, it will be interesting to see what kind of range you can pull out of that rifle. I will be watching your posts.

As for the bullet, I know so little about ballistics I am ashamed. I own and shoot countless muzzleloaders and yet depend on everyone else, like you, Sabotloader, Chuck, and others for information about the ballistics.

Thanks Cayuga, you offer alot more information on this board then i do. Did you notice that $150.00 Nikon Omega Scope on there? I think you got one as well.

Yes, mine will be here tomorrow. I am going to throw that on the Genesis.. I could not pass that one up.

Where did that Omega come from at that price? Does it have BDC, and is it 40mm Obj?

Back