Nikon Buckmasters 4-12x40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
If you guys are looking for a great scope for your rifle or muzzleloader, I highly recommend this one! Beautifully clear, hurts your eyes, especially when snow in on the ground! Scope adjustments are dead on the money. Great eye relief for heavy recoil rifles. Later down the road I plan on getting another one for my mosin nagant.
100_2821.jpg

100_2822.jpg

I have that Exact same Scope, BDC Reticle and all, I love this thing!! I was in search of a decent Scope about a year or so ago for my 6.5 Creedmoor, I looked through several different Vortex, The Diamondback’s were in the Price Range i planned on spending, I personally didn’t like the Vortex, i have looked through 2 different Vortex Diamondback’s that were Not clear? Kind of a Hazy/fuzzy look and Nothing i could do to clear them up? I handed 1 of them to the Store Clerk and had him take a look through it, He tried everything as well to clear it up, he couldn’t get it focused either? That was enough Vortex Scope Looking for me. I have a pair of their 12X50 Diamondback Binoculars and i like them ok. 
  I was in Cabelas one day and checked out the Bargain Cave before leaving, there was a Brand New Nikon Buckmasters 4-12X40 under the Counter for 75 bucks! I asked the Clerk what the deal was with it? He said it was a Display out front under the Scope Counter and that it didn’t have a Box, I looked through the Scope and it SUPER CLEAR! I bought it immediately! I have since bought another one with the MOA Reticle, I am very impressed with the Clarity of these Nikon’s, they are every bit as clear as Any of the MUCH MUCH more expensive Scopes, Including Zeiss, I had a Zeiss 4.5-14 with Rapid Z800 Reticle, These Nikon’s are just as Good!

I have used Nikon optics for years. Great glass and they don’t break the bank.

I have one in a 6-18 on my 25/06. It holds zero well and I find the extra references to work well with my setup. I've never had an issue with any of my Nikon scopes over the years.

Fyi- scope's canted to the right on your rifle. I only have one scoped rifle (CZ527V in 17H) and it wears a Leupold 3x-9x with duplex reticle for coyote hunting. Everything else is irons. Good looking rig you have there Jonathan.

I agree with everyone on the Nikons. I have a Nikon Monarch 3, 2-8x32 on my CVA Accura MR which is a nice scope and like Sgt Recoil mentioned "they don't break the bank".

That’s all I use now is Nikon , great scopes and love the download app for range finding !

They’re on sale at Cabela’s right now up here in Canada.
Tempting........very tempting. But would have to buy a gun to put it on lol.

They're on sale everywhere. Even directly for Nikon. It makes me wonder if they're going to come out with a new model to replace it.

I agree your scope isn't level Jon.

I have one Leupold VX with the custom dial system and one VX without and I really like them both. They seem to be very good scopes. I need to take the one with the CDs to the NRA and see just how good it really is. However, the Nikons clarity really seems to be much better. I may be trading off the one Leupold for the Nikon shortly.

Back