NICE MUZZLE LOADING BELT POUCH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
SUBJECT: NICE CUSTOM MUZZLE LOADING BELT POUCH

Here is a custom leather craftsman - see pictures of this very handy belt pouch that we all need as hunters.

Buck.

custome-leather-work-1.jpg
CUSTOM LEATHER FOR MUZZLELOADERS

statement.gif

These belt pouches are hand made from vegetable tanned leather. I start by cutting the necessary pieces from a large hide using no form or templates. Therefore though they look similar no two are exactly the same. I build molds then wet form the pieces. After drying for several days the pieces are stained n heat treated then assembled. Finally pieces are hand buffed and waterproofed. All my work is hand stitched and glued for durability. Tubes will hold well over 100 gr of powder and will accommodate up to .54 cal projectiles. Tubes and capper included. Price $35 plus shipping by money order.  These normally retail for $50.

Here's an idea that shows how nice this pouch will work for different projectiles and still be a compact (minimum size pouch).

rd.jpg
Setup like this and with a strip of patching material and the small capper tied through a button hole mid-way on your shirt, a few apples for moisture your in business. Add a belt knife, your rifle and you are at as minimum a weight to get the job done.  With the load in the rifle and three additional shots your good for the day. You can always have additional balls, caps and powder in your vehicle if needed to resupply this setup.

Here's another idea that I'll give some serious thought.... The name of the game is going light as possible with an outfit like this, add a small skinning knife and your good to go. 

travel-light.jpg
My next project will be to research a small light hunting rifle like the H.E. Leman Squirrel Rifle or a Poor Boy in .40 caliber round bottom rifling for ease of cleaning. The H.E. Leman Squirrel Rifle is a 28 inch X 7/8 inch or the Poor Boy cut down to the same, GRRW.CA would build either one.

Pete as you know some of the guys we have seen carry everything but the kitchen sink. I can't and don't know how they can do this and be able to keep track of their crap and look for game all at the same time.   :?:

Anymore lighter is better, only need the rifle for balance and protection from wild squirrels or rabbits. Don't hunt big game now and should think about mountain lions as they are being reported about on the news every few days.   :scratch:

One year I was complaining on how heavy my back pack was while deer hunting.  I text my brother and asked him to look for a lighter pack for me.  He text me back "PUT LESS IN IT".  :D

I wear a small waist pack when hunting. The backpack is just for getting the meat out.

I wish I could get by with a waist pack.  I tried one, even put some military shoulder straps on it but it just wasn't comfortable.  I use a sling pack which I like a lot.  They are still small but more comfortable to wear for me.

I use to hunt with some of our countries finest - Special Forces, Seal Team and Rangers from the Nam era that were customers of our store. Talk about "getting down and dirty", they had their acts together with everything they carried having at least a duel use or more on those items. Super compact and light in weight.  I kidded one of them about having a small roll of toilet paper with only one use. He started in naming a half dozen uses, some I never thought of. I kept quiet after that.....  :eek:

Smokin' Joe said:
I wish I could get by with a waist pack.  I tried one, even put some military shoulder straps on it but it just wasn't comfortable.  I use a sling pack which I like a lot.  They are still small but more comfortable to wear for me.
 It's a small one. I pretty much just have food in it. I agree big heavy waist packs are lousy to carry. Better off with a small backpack.

I just received my Pouch from Willfish4fud and am I impressed with the quality. I ordered the 6 tube pouch as I generally hunt with my young grandsons and I thought I would go for the 6 tube pouch. If I was just hunting by myself the 4 tube pouch would be sufficient, but things can happen and a extra tube of caps or whatever may come in handy??? This Pouch will last me a lifetime! Way to go RICK!! Thanks for a top notch quality pouch!!

</a><a href="https://servimg.com/r/9420070919/pouch_10.jpg" target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>
pouch_11.jpg

pouch_12.jpg

Back