New 45!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
SANY0881.jpg

SANY0882.jpg

SANY0883.jpg

SANY0885.jpg

I recently purchased two Knight 45 Elites in SS.

One went to my son-in-law and the other to me. (it's good to be Spit.....) :lol:

I had been seeing a Long Range Hunter stock on Ebay for about 3 weeks, and it was still available for only $54.99!!!
I had spoken with Knight and found out the LRH stock would fit my Elite barrel, due to the cantilevered lug design.

I bought the stock...it was brand new, and the barrel dropped right in and wallah! The Elite Long Range Magilla Swatter!!

Topped it with my Burris Fullfield ll (thanks Cob) and Leupold QR rings (thanks Nic58)
Bore sighted it...
One shot for scope adjustment, and put 3 in the same rough hole!
You could cover it with a nickel!
Amazingly light recoil with a that heavy stock!
VERY SOLID on the bench...
200 gr. XTP
Harvester Crush Rib
120 gr. BH209
Fed. 209A
I called Knight today and they will send me a SS colored anodized trigger guard as soon as the parts for the Ultimate Slam hit their shelves.
That will top it off.

I find this gun really intriguing....
:D

spitpatch-

That is a beauty. Way to think outisde the box regarding the Master Hunter stock. But you just had to have the horns in the background didn't you... :lol:

Hey, it sounds like it shoots as well as it shoots. Nice Deer too.
Wayles

Spitpatch, that is one beautiful looking rifle. I can't wait for your range reports. I would think that rifle would be as good a long range muzzleloader as you could find anywhere.

What are you sighting it in for. And out of curiosity, what kind of distances do you normally have to shoot at?

EXCELLENT looking rifle there Spit! That LRH stock really fit me well and seemed to really soak up recoil! LOOKING GOOD! :D

NICE !!!!! Spit, I didn't know the stocks would interchange but I guess both have the free floated barrels so it makes sense. You got a real deal there. Don't know how I missd that :bored:

PS. Nice pictures and I did get a Tipton gun vise, Now all I need is a man-room like that to put it in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, Holy Cow!!! Those bucks are monsters!

Nice gun too :)

You considering to try shooting sabotless like the guys on the green board have been doing? It seems real popular with the 45 cal rifles

:lol: I know. You hung those bucks in the garage because ya killed 'em with that car! :wink:

Gun's a beauty! Good luck with her!

cayuga said:
What are you sighting it in for. And out of curiosity, what kind of distances do you normally have to shoot at?
Dave, I have a B-Plex on that scope so, 100, 160, 200 ....I think. I will need more range time with this gun to nail down the second and third cross hairs. My blued version with 195 Barnes SF was close to that using 777 ffg.

Those are the distances I usually shoot at on my range.

For hunting whitetails the yardage can be anywhere from 30 yards to a "beanfield 225"

I plan on using a 6-9" Harris bench rest bipod as a permanent fixture on this gun. I know it will increase the already rig, but for me this is not a "carry" gun.
Magilla Ranch has a couple great shooting houses with good support inside.

I should add, that the LRH has an additional screw that goes through the rear hole of the over sized trigger guard and secures to the rear action of the LRH barrel. A "two screw mount", if you will....
I simply modified the rear hole in the stock, by gluing a piece of dowel into the hole to facilitate a screw.

The lug area in the stock is identical to the Elite stock, so it is still a perfect fit.
Thanks to Mike at Knight Rifles in Centerville, Iowa!

I will give a full range report when I find the time to shoot.

CarlV said:
Wow, Holy Cow!!! Those bucks are monsters!

Nice gun too :)

You considering to try shooting sabotless like the guys on the green board have been doing? It seems real popular with the 45 cal rifles

I will have to check the green board, Carl
Thanks 8)

Sweet looking rig Spit ! 8)

Keep us posted on your favorite loads for it... I got a .45 SS Elite coming my way soon.

I can't decide which is more impressive, the gun or the garage! :lol:
Both are very nice...

What a beauty: Its amazing how far technology has moved on in 2075. Im really looking forward to it LOL

green board

Whats this green board??sounds like something I might need to check out!
Wayles

Back