Cabelas 3x10x40 ML Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Probably should put this in the optic section - but I am thinking it will get seen more here... guess I am shilling....

Big Brown stopped today, Terry was gone - that was good, but the driver left a good sized Cabelas box.

The scope has arrived... first impressions - I think it might just be an alright scope. I can not imagine the lenses are the best in the world but dang they are clear. It does have a fast focus ring, which when you are blind like me is really nice. It really does feel light also, can not imagine that is is going to add much to the weight of the gun.

The turrent adjustment knobs are very easy to hold and turn. Fairly positive 1/4 min clicks... another interesting fact - the scope comes with a very small allen wrench... After you are zeroed you can use the wrench to lossen the turrent knob and set it to zero. With that ability you have an opportunity to use it somewhat as a tactile scope if you do your home work.

Eye relief... the book says 3.75 - I am not sure of that yet. Just holding it out in front of me on 3 power - when I measure from my eye to the lens it is right at 5" and when I go to 10 power it seems to be right at 4". It will be really nice to get it mounted and measure all of that again. But, inatially, it looks good.

Here is a picture with a Bushnell Elite 3200 in the background. They are vertually the same length. Not suggesting that they are coming from the overseas Bushnell factory as the eye piece is completely different - like someone suggested more like an Omega eye piece.

CabelasScope.jpg

Have not got anything to put it on right now - but I am hoping to get another Rem 700 ml SS - 45 cal by the end of the next week - I will mount it on that gun and give it a go...

Next test - right now it is going in the refrerator overnight... I'll take it out in the morning and see how it handles the cold moist temps in the refer...

I don't think that Cabelas would put their name on something that was junk.
Let us know how it works out.

It looks like a Bushnell 3200. I will be interested to hear your opinion on the scope once you get a chance to test it on the range.

cayuga said:
It looks like a Bushnell 3200. I will be interested to hear your opinion on the scope once you get a chance to test it on the range.

All the 3200's are Japanese. Look at the underside for the "country of manufacture". For that money, I doubt its Japanese.

sabotloader said:
squirrelhawker

made in China...
Yeah, so many are these days. Millett scopes are made in China and some guys like them, for the money.

I just found a good deal the other day. Jerry's Sport Center is closing out
some of the "Browning Sports Optics" line of riflescopes. They have a 3-9 x40 matte for $99.99 and a 4-12 x40 AO matte for $144.99 and a 8-24x40 AO matte for 184.99. These ARE the same as the 3200 scopes! I called Bushnell with the model #'s. 94% light transmission, rainguard, etc. I bought one of the 3-9's and 4 of the 4-12's. These are a lot of scope for the $$.... IMO. Even though they were made for Browning, there isnt the Browning name on them. I could post pics...if any interest is there.

squirrelhawker

Millet's are pretty decent scopes - lot of people using them.

The Browning scopes will not normally have the fast focus ring nor rainguard lenses. The Browning's are left over from when Bushnell bought them out.

I can not right off the top of my head remember the original name of the scopes before Browning bought them? They use to make a lot of Microscopes also...

Just remembered Bausch and Lomb

sabotloader said:
squirrelhawker

Millet's are pretty decent scopes - lot of people using them.

The Browning scopes will not normally have the fast focus ring nor rainguard lenses. The Browning's are left over from when Bushnell bought them out.

I can not right off the top of my head remember the original name of the scopes before Browning bought them? They use to make a lot of Microscopes also...

Just remembered Bausch and Lomb

These are the same as the 3200..same features. Fast focus, same lenses, coatings..I checked it out with Bushnell before I bought.

Back