hang fire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commanche

Reaction score
Hello i am new to the forum i am sure this has been asked on here but i have a .45 cal rem.700 muzzleloader i was going to try blackhorn powder it has a big pause before it fires i use win.209 primers any suggestions

:D :D

WELCOME to the hang out. Great place to stop and check things out. Allot of info here, free for the asking. I'm sure if you sit tight you'll get some opinions or answers to your question :!: :!: :!: .

I'm not familiar with that model but if your pimer pocket is totally enclosed then I would suggest pushing harder on your ram rod when seating your sabot/bullet against the powder. I had the same thing happen when I first started using BH209. Now I use FIRM pressure when I seat my bullet. I have never had a hangfire since then.

Welcome to the forum.

Your Remington 700 is an open breech design rifle I believe. I am guessing that it is not really made to shoot BlackHorn 209. There is a pamphlet BlackHorn has, or go to their website, they will show you what rifles can and CAN NOT shoot their powder. I am guessing yours is one of them.

Also are you really compressing that powder with a tight fitting sabot? I would get some Triple Seven or Pyrodex RS and try that powder in your rifle.

Back