Wife bought herself a Knight, problem?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutoy

Reaction score
Well,,, the wife decided she wants to start hunting with a muzzleloader. Maybe the fact we now have a two week extended muzzleloader deer season had something to do with it.
She orders herself a knight Vision online along with the bases and rings to match her 44 Mag scope. It arrived today.
Beings the good husband I am (and hoping she'll let me play with her new toy) I mounted the scope.
Now the problem. The two piece bases are Weaver brand and the rings are Leupold brand. They mounted and mated with no problem at all. The problem is the eye relief. With the scope all the way back as far as it will go the eye relief has me sucking my head way forward to the point it is almost uncomfortable. She can't even come close to getting her eye close enough to the scope for the proper eye relief.
I looked on Leupolds web site and can't find Weaver style entended rings.
Any suggestions???

Nutoy

Kinda a common problem with a break open and the fact that Knight uses a long stock. I ended cutting 3/4" off a Vison stock to get the proper LOP...

To solve your problem you might want to look at Millet Angle-Loc Weaver style extended rings... These will allow you more movement to the rear...

http://www.millettsights.com/controller ... oc_windage

sabotloader, I like the idea of shortening the LOP. I hope this don't sound tooo stupid but can you tell me how to remove the recoil pad? Is it glued on?

Nutoy

Nope it has two phillips screws through the recoil pad - look for a small hole in the rubber one on the top and one on the rear. You current pad will not work once you cut the stock. You will have to get a grind to fit pad. PM your email address and I'll send you some pictures...
or maybe I can get you email here... I'll check... Yes I know i can so expect some pictures...

email sent...

I should also say that if you send it in to Knight they will also shorten it for you...

I measured the LOP on her 270 which fits her like a glove and it's 13.375". This Vision is 14.5". I'm going to take 1.125" off and that should be just right for her.
Thanks a million for the pics, that helps alot. I'll let you know how it goes.
BTW, this is a very nice site with loads of info.

Back