Tried to order my Triumph today - PITA !!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpcollins

Reaction score
Not fond of the camo color but I like the black Weathershield barrel and 1" shorter stock on the BC 8527. And Cabelas has it on sale so I tried to order online using my drawer full of gift cards. Wouldn't let me order because I live in Michigan (I thought this was a deer hunting state??) I have to order thru the Catalog Gun Department. I called them and find out (because I live in Michigan) I have to download a "Verification of Information" form, fill it out and get it notorized, and then fax it back to Cabelas before I can order it. This is even when I'm having it shipped to the retail store for free pickup. And I wouldn't need the form if they had had it in stock at the store - go figure! My MK85 is looking better all the time.

(Yes, I downloaded the damn form).

TP,
Thats a Cabelas thing. I've received ML's from several locations nation wide with no problems.

tpcollins

I just got back from mailing TJJ a muzzleloader in MI. The post office took it no questions asked.... it is on the way...

Not that that helps you any... but I wonder why Cabelas requires that... Do you a Cabels in the area? Wonder if they could tell you why?

The Dundee store is 17 miles from my house. An hour ago I called the store, talked with the firearm department, and they ordered it for me at the sale price, be at the store for pickup in a week or so - free shipping. He looked them up and said their distribution had five available - now there's only four!

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking at the Thumbhole Accura and the Omega with hardwoods stock and weathershield but I dont know if I want to go through the hassle. I've probably shipped out 10 muzzys in the last 2 yrs from our USPS and have had a few delivered to me. To bad as cabelas has good prices on both of these. Might have to see if the inlaws will order for me. They live only 9 miles away but it is in Wisconsin.

Michigan used to have a silly rule on the books about registering your muzzleloading handguns just like a regular suppository gun. It's not on the books any longer but a lot of the big retail chains have not caught on to that yet. That is the main reason we get the hassle all the time. I order them from small stores and individuals, never have any of the hassle.

I called and orderd my Accura today. I had them ship it to my ilaws who live in WI. 9 miles away. Should be here in 7-10 days.

Latest posts

Back