Ashley's Big Day!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
All started with a 4am road trip, then pouring rain half way to our distenation......real bummer!! It was still dark when we hit town, so a order of A&W breaky helped with the wait!! The rain held tight for the morning, with only one little Black Bear and a Mulie Doe, the doe wasn't interested in our intentions, and got out of dodge in a hurry!! After lunch the sun came out for roughly 3hrs, so we decided to try another area. Right of the start a Whitetail doe, she hung arround for a bit but by the time Ashley got sit up, she bailed, waving good by with her white flag!! Roughly about a hour later, we drive by the same spot and Mom yells Deer, 2 of them, out we get, I get her sit up on the first one I see, but theres a pine tree covering the vitals, then I catch a movement, another right behind her, perfect broadside, a little adjustment and "BANG" the Doe jumps and runs 15yrds and piles up!! perfect lung shot!! Some particulars: .243win with reduced H4895 under Hornady 95grn SST(which Ashley loaded herself I might add!!) Deer was at 65yrds!!

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

Perry

shooting

I remember the smile and feeling when my wife shot her first, I can hardly wait to see and feel what you are looking at your daughters smile!!

Well that sure is a nice doe. Nice and big. Should be good eating. Congratulations young lady on an excellent shot.

Latest posts

Back