New shooting table

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Who wants to build it for me?  :lol:
20190411.jpg

20190410.jpg

20190412.jpg

Looks like a serious shooting bench with that foundation material.  Are you going to put a roof on it :?:

8)  project.   Keep us posted with pics as you progress..  :)

WOW Jon!  I suppose now we'll only see targets with a 5 shot grouping that has only "one" .50 cal. hole through the middle of the bull.  :D

Wonder what Bridger, Carson or some of the others used ?  They probably got their supplies from Crockett's Mercantile.   :roll:

Almost finished with the mold. Some more bracing with rebar is needed, but its almost ready to pour the cement. 1/2 of the cement will be poured, then the rebar will be lightly dropped into place and allowed to set up a bit before filling it the rest of the way.
img_0326.jpg

img_0327.jpg

img_0328.jpg

Yep, nothing like a well made portable shooting bench.  :lol!:

Jonathan, raise the bar up off the bottom of your mold to center of the form for better strength, other wise looks good.  Never mind just re-read your remarks.

Looks like progress is being made.  Are you going to completely assemble the bench indoors and then place it on the blocks outdoors :?:

Looks good so far. :)
Out of curiosity, where did you obtain that lovely cart the 8/8/16 blocks are on?
I could use a cart that size to pull behind my Miami Sun (Traditional) trike. :)

Bought it from an auction many years ago.

Marty, the pad that the table will sit on goes up next. We're going to pour a 6x6 pad reinforced with rebar, then drive rebar straight down into the ground, then start filling the blocks with cement. The last row will go on once everything else is dry. The table top will actually be cemented into the last layer of blocks to wind doesnt catch it or the deer/elk dont knock it over.

We made progress today! Yesterday we made the frame, leveled the ground, added gravel ( for leveling ) cut and laid down 3/8" rebar and prepped everything. Luckily the neighbor had a cement mixer and let us use it. HUGE help indeed!

img_0411.jpg

img_0410.jpg

img_0412.jpg

img_0413.jpg

img_0414.jpg

img_0415.jpg

img_0416.jpg

Slow but sure :ttups:
How far will your shooting lane be...100 yards :?:

from this spot, I can shoot close to 120 yards.

Slow yes, its takes time to let it dry before you can stack any weight on top. Many other projects going on as well. Just finished prepping the camper for rendezvous and still have an arms length to do list for just that event lol.

AWESOME Jon!!! I’m JEALOUS over this one!! A Concrete Bench is something I’ve spoke about doing for Several Years. I would have to Move first, Nowhere to put something like that on a 1/4 Acre Town Lot :x 

My fold up Portable bench works as well as i can expect it to, But it is NO DOUBT the weakest link in my Setup. 

NOTHING beats a Concrete Bench, NOTHING!!! What an AWESOME Project  :Red tup:

I just went back and looked through your pics better, This would rate up in 1 of the nicest Setups I’ve seen  :Red tup: I can Just imagine My Sinclair Heavy Varmint Front Rest, and Leather Protektor Rear Bag filled with Lead Shot on that Concrete Bench, HOLY MOLY what a Setup!!! Are you gonna put a Roof over it?

I envy you guy’s that can Shoot from Home! I can’t complain though, i was able to do it all of my Life Growing up, it Stopped about 5 years ago when we Bought this little Town House. Heck We Shot out of our Living Room Window when i was a Kid :D That’s no joke! Slide the living room window Open, Lay a Pillow in the window Sill, 300 Win Mag, BOOOOOM!!  :slaps:  My Mom was a patient Woman :lol!:

Yep! A roof and partial sides is in the plans! I joked today that if we sealed it up with windows, I could hunt my foxes right from here :lol!:

A roof will be icing on the cake.  It'll keep your pan dry :shooter: and sun :sunny: off your back!

Marty said:
A roof will be icing on the cake.  It'll keep your pan dry :shooter:  and sun :sunny: off your back!
I Absolutely agree with Marty!! There’s no way i would go as far as Jonathan has here and Not put a Roof of Some Sorts over it. What an AWESOME Setup this is, i like the looks of it a BUNCH!! 

If i ever get down that way (Very doubtful, but never know?) We should get together with our .308s down at the NRA Whittington Center and “Ring” that 1,123 Yard White Buffalo Target :Red tup:   If i was anywhere near that thing I would Burn Some Powder :D

Latest posts

Back