Knight LR Hunters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
I thought these were highly desireable guns.Two for sale in classifides and not a hit on either one......odd?

I would have been all over one if i hadnt already bought a new Green Mountain Brush Gun.

It was fun to shoot at the range,but bulky to carry around. I think alot of guys got the under cost deal on them at cabelas......

Both of the stock designs are too bulky IMO. I do like the fluted barrel.

Those better sell fast. I hunt a lot from a "luxury" tree stand with a rest, comfy chair, heater and shooting table.

Its killing me and i already have too many. :lol: :lol:

That is what I'm looking for on my side of the border,cause we can't import from USA as a non-commercial person.
Too bad because the price is awsome.
Moose1

Great Gun

I have one. Took advantage of the Cabela`s sale. Although it is heavy it is one heck of a gun. Topped it with a Leupold Grand Slam 3-9 ,QR mounts & rings using 3 pellets of 777 and a hornady 300 grain xtp is great for our whitetails.

Different stock.

I had mine for sale and didn't have any interest, so I bought a disc elite stock and dropped the LRH barrel right in. With the elite stock I don't have the second action screw, but no other Knights do either, so don't see how that is hurting anything. Now I can actually hunt with it, not too bulky any more, and I think it looks really good with the black stock and stainless fluted barrel, and I don't have to worry about scratching up the pretty laminate. Win, win, win.

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

Howa,

You should be able to drill a hole thru the stock for the 2nd mounting screw and a little bit of inletting for the clamp if you choose.

GM54-120 said:
I would have been all over one if i hadnt already bought a new Green Mountain Brush Gun.
I will trade you one for that brush gun :p

billyzink said:
GM54-120 said:

:lol:

No way my SS #39 is staying right were it is unless you have an Ultimate Slam. :p

Plus i have about $100 in bullets and sabots now. :D

They still have some for only $400. :wink:

BTW anyone shooting a 54 should try the 50/54 sabots and some of the 300-335gr plated HPs from Rainier....way cheaper and GoldDots are in short supply. At my LGS they are only about $23 per 100.

GM54-120 said:
billyzink said:
GM54-120 said:

:lol:

No way my SS #39 is staying right were it is unless you have an Ultimate Slam. :p

Plus i have about $100 in bullets and sabots now. :D

They still have some for only $400. :wink:

BTW anyone shooting a 54 should try the 50/54 sabots and some of the 300-335gr plated HPs from Rainier....way cheaper and GoldDots are in short supply. At my LGS they are only about $23 per 100.
I really think that will be my next purchase, soon I hope!!! Would love to find a used one but I do not think there are any out there!!!

billyzink

Im sure you will like it if you are looking for a nice light weight rifle.

Me and Toby exchanged a few emails and he talked me into buying one. We both agree a slightly faster twist would make it a bit more useful with heavier bullets but its a brush gun...not a long range tack driver.

Sub 2" groups are fine with me considering the knock down power and short barrel.

IMO Knight should have built new a 54 instead of the 52 and gave it the 1-26" twist too.

But ....opinions vary :D

GM54-120 said:
billyzink

Im sure you will like it if you are looking for a nice light weight rifle.

Me and Toby exchanged a few emails and he talked me into buying one. We both agree a slightly faster twist would make it a bit more useful with heavier bullets but its a brush gun...not a long range tack driver.

Sub 2" groups are fine with me considering the knock down power and short barrel.

IMO Knight should have built new a 54 instead of the 52 and gave it the 1-26" twist too.

But ....opinions vary :D
What is the twist on it?

The usual 1-28" twist.

Here is a link to a review. 350gr+ or very long bullets in sabots take a accuracy hit but then you can just move up to conicals. He shot some 580gr Parker conicals and 120gr of BH209....thats got to hurt. :lol:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/fieldtests3.html

Ive got 3 different sabots, mostly MMP purples and bullets from Barnes 275gr to the Rem 385gr in 50cal. And tons of 45s to try.

Get a lead Sled. :wink:

Latest posts

Back