260 & 300 gr. Nosler Partitions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltchris

Reaction score
I know alot of you guys really like the #45260 Nosler 260 gr. Partition JHP HG bullet. Has anybody used the #45350 Nosler 300 gr. JPP Partition HG bullet? Just wondering, as I'm trying to work out a trade with a guy and he has one box of each. I definately want the 260's, but unsure on the 300's.

Them 300g Nosler will surely put the hurt on deer. Head on, one went from front to back on a kill we had 2 year ago. They have no drawback as near as i can tell. Tissue damage is the kind that brings a 'wow'.

I have a ton of the 260's and was considering stocking up on some of the 300's but I have never fired a 300 gr. I believe Sabotloader will be able to give you a boat load of info on that bullet.
Not sure what your trading or paying for them but I have found them for about $25 a box. I'll find the web address if you need it.
Frank

coltchris

The 300 Nosler PP is an awesome bullet. It carries the highest BC for any non-pointy 300 grain bullet. I shoot it with 120 grain T7 in the Knights and White, and 110 in the Omega or Triumph.

I have always considered it to much for deer but it would work great. I use it mainly as an elk bullet and save a little money by shooting the 260 at deer.

Excellent bullet...

Frank:

Yes, I would appreciate the website; thats a helluva deal. If you can find them, the 260's wholesale for $47+ per box & the 300's for $50+ per box!!! I would be surprised if that website still has them; buy I'll try! Thanks for the feedback guys.

Frank:

Thanks for the link; they show them in stock and I ordered (2) boxes of the 260's. Can't believe their price; as I said, I only found them in one wholesale distributor and they were $47/box!!!!!!!! Thanks Again.

They have been discontinued. You better stock up if your gun likes them.

No problem coltchris. I believe it was jsteurrys who passed this info on to me a few months ago. Thats when I stocked up on them. I am still considering buying 4 boxes of the 300's.

jsteurrys said:
I stocked up to. Now, I just need to find a gun that likes them.

Same here. My MK-85 dosent like them. The Omega is better but really havent played with a charge yet and I just got a Pro Hunter whick I believe will be thesame as the Omega.

jsteurrys

Your Knights will shoot them great....

I shoot them from my Omega with 110 grains of T7 and they are very accurate - 120 from the Knight DISC.

This 300 Nosler from my Remington certainly did the job...

P1010001-2.jpg

and this 260 from a White...

07WhitetailCaptions.jpg

And this 300 Nosler from my other Rem

P1010018.jpg

Guys they work....

07elkflollowupcpmposit.jpg

What sabot are you using to shoot these out of your White?

I've got a Super 91, and plan on shooting the 300gr gold dot with a MMP short black sabot. I haven't had time to try them yet though just wondering what you use..

I cant get them to group out of my MK-85. The only bullet the gun likes is the 295 powerbelt. Actually it loves them. I get one hole groups at 75 yards. I get 4" groups at 50 & 75 with the Noslers.

Kris K

What sabot are you using to shoot these out of your White?

The MMP HPH-12 will work really well but the regular MMP short black recommended for a savage is the best.

If your .504 is the same as mine the short black is great... if you have the tighter bored .504 then you might need the HPH-12

sabotloader said:
The MMP HPH-12 will work really well but the regular MMP short black recommended for a savage is the best.

If your .504 is the same as mine the short black is great... if you have the tighter bored .504 then you might need the HPH-12

Thanks I've push a couple down the barrel with the plug out, and there pretty snug but push down smooth with one stoke. I also plan on trying some .44 cal 270gr Gold Dots in the green Harvester sabot.

sabotloader looks like a Bushnell Elite on your black 700m. I love those scopes. Just got a Niknon Omega but I think I'm gonna have to part with it. The eye relief is way too long. I like to get my face into the scope.
Frank

Franksauto

Elite 3200 it is - I really do like the Elite series especially the new DOA reticule - got two of them now.

That is the biggest reason that i have have not hit if off with the Omega - i really do not like the long eye relief - especially shooting with the sun behind you...

sabotloader said:
Franksauto

Elite 3200 it is - I really do like the Elite series especially the new DOA reticule - got two of them now.

That is the biggest reason that i have have not hit if off with the Omega - i really do not like the long eye relief - especially shooting with the sun behind you...

My buddy had his T/C Omega drilled and tapped forward of the original mounting area because he also likes to stuff his face in the scope. The Omega will never work for him.

Back