anybody tried 180gr. nosler partition for 10mm in 45 cal?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magbolt150

Reaction score
just wondering if this bullet will work for deer i really like this bullet out of my shotgun (partition gold slugs) its worked well for me. any thoughts?

Re: anybody tried 180gr. nosler partition for 10mm in 45 cal

magbolt150 said:
just wondering if this bullet will work for deer i really like this bullet out of my shotgun (partition gold slugs) its worked well for me. any thoughts?

I would bet a big 6 pack - that bullet would work very well on a Whitetail. I have shot a bunch of 10mil-180 grain Speer Gold Dot and I know they will work so the partition would even be better... but iyou are going to spend that kind of money on a Partition I also would take a look at the Lehigh 10mil/185 grain or even the 200 grain bullet.

No i havent tried them and according to Noslers site they dont make a 10mm Partition although they may have in the past. They used to make a 9mm Partition so who knows.

Currently they offer NO more Partitions for handguns at all, only rifle bullets. The current 10mm 180gr is the "Sporting handgun" line and is not a Partition.

If you found some they will likely be the last ones available for a long time if ever.

To answer your question though, if there is such a bullet....im sure it would do VERY well and would love to know where to buy some. As Sabotloader said though. If you are paying full retail price, i would consider the Lehigh 185gr option first or save some money and use the GoldDots. I have total confidence in both for Whitetails. Both also shoot very well in both my 45s with a edge on long shots (150yd+) going to the Lehigh.

Im not doubting you, ive just never seen them anywhere. So i would double check and make sure they are Partitions, The Sporting Handgun line are far different with a soft lead core with a tapered jacket and very reasonable price.

The only reason i have a large stock of 44 and 45 Partitions is i found them for a little less than half of retail cost and they are discontinued according to my sources. Noslers new site doesnt even list any info on them.

Latest posts

Back