Max load OF IMR 4759

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macmathews

Reaction score
I got a nice cabelas scale for christmas and started to play with it, and just for fun.. Took a weight of what I was using this fall for a load..
4.3 cc dipper of 4759 ( flush with dipper ) was 45.2 - 45.4 grains pretty steady..

I see alot are using around 43 grains.. This load of 45 must be at or near max..

BTW - It shot very well with Parker BE 275's.. But haven't really shot it since getting the scale..

Where should I start for powder weight and increase by what increments to a max of what ??

Sorry so long winded and thanks !!
I'm already dreaming of big bucks for next season !

Kyle

46gr is the max and generally 42-44gr is the most accurate,,,

between 40 and 44grns should be fine. Dont scoop load this powder. Weighing is the safest and most practical way. :wink: Go up in 1 grn increments until you find your load.

I just bought some SR4759 and was weighing some up last night. I used the 3.7 cc LEE dipper to transfer powder to the scale. Out of curiousity, I paid attention to what a full 3.7 dipper weighed out at. The lightest scoop that hit the pan was 38.6 grains. The heaviest weighed around 41.7 grains. I would say the average heaping full scoop was 40 grains.

So the take home message is that there is a fairly large variance scooping 4759 so it's best for accuracy to weigh it.

Another way to look at it is that I wouldn't have exceeded the recommended load charge with the 3.7 cc dipper so it should have been safe to use it for plinking purposes.

Re: Speed

macmathews said:
What kind of speed could I expect from a 45 grain load and BE275's ?

Kyle

From a Savage 10ML-II..... 44gr gives me RIGHT AT 2200fps..

Back