NEW MEMBER THAT MANY KNOW HAS COME ON BOARD

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Subject: NEW MEMBER THAT MANY KNOW HAS COME ON BOARD

Doc White has logged on. 
  • Yes, the same Doctor Gary White that has written for many of the muzzleloading magazines over the last 50 years.  
  • The same guy that started White Muzzleloading Rifles and that old firm known as Green River Rifle Works all in Roosevelt Utah.  
  • A custom muzzleloading gunsmith for Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association.
Check out his website, it can give you all the information you may want to know about muzzleloaders at:  http://whitemuzzleloading.com/green-river-rifleworks/

Doc has forgot more than we will ever remember in his 70 plus years of shooting smoke poles.

Welcome board Doc happy to see you here.   :Red tup:

Thanks Buck'.  I've come across his name more than once when searching for information.

If we can get him involved with some of the subject lines, it will be worth the effort. 

At age 82 he still practices 25 hours a week at the hospital in Vernal, comes home builds muzzleloaders, writes articles, and some how finds time to hunt all the seasons. He relaxes with bow hunting and fishing. He makes us tired trying to keep up ....  :lol:

Doc, "Kentucky Colonel" is the gentleman that Carl Walker built the 1970 GRRW kit gun for a few years ago when we first started GRRW Collectors Association.  This kit had passed through several hands before KC contacted us if it was a fair price offered by from Tom Watson and asked if it could be doubled stamped if we built the gun. I talked to you and Carl and that's what happened - GRRW / GRRW.CA (first one done, since then we have done a few more that came out of the woodwork).  Fun times guys.   :Red tup:

Yep. I think highly of Carl. Got a pic of Doc and Carl with the rifle. Carl stamped it with both stamps and the name 'Traveler' since it traveled through four states and four decades to be made.

Kentucky Colonel said:
Yep. I think highly of Carl. Got a pic of Doc and Carl with the rifle. Carl stamped it with both stamps and the name 'Traveler' since it traveled through four states and four decades to be made.
Doc White will be making an announcement on a new discovery that will make Kentucky Colonel and others grit their teeth with this new discovery of an old product found in Roosevelt.   :scratch:   :lol:

How AWESOME is this!! I would really like to Meet Doc White, Legend of a Man that’s for Sure :Red tup:  I hope he comes on and participates

I've hunted with Doc a couple of times in Michigan on what we called the DWB (Dirty White Boys). Those that showed up all hunted with White ML's.  Doc is one hell of a nice guy and has a wealth of ML knowledge that he is always glad to share.  I sure do hope he participates on this web site.  We would be Blessed for sure!

As you can tell from my Signature I love White ML's especially the 451 or 45cal ML's. :D

I have a mate, Niel Fields who lives near Vernal, he also worked for Green River, so did Carney Pace who lives nearby also. I did not realise Doc White was there as well.

heelerau said:
I have a mate, Niel Fields who lives near Vernal, he also worked for Green River, so did Carney Pace who lives nearby also. I did not realise Doc White was there as well.
There's Doc White, Carl Walker, Les Bennett, Neil Fields, Carney Pace and many more in Vernal Roosevelt area.  Neil is in an assisted living home now, a few have passed on and those still kicking are wanting another GRRW Rendezvous in the spring of 2020 in Roosevelt.

Look at some of the guns these guys are still building on: [url=http://whitemuzzleloading.com/on-sale/]http://whitemuzzleloading.com/on-sale/[/url]

The guys from the past are still building today at this location: http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm  - need to update this website and get started on putting together another GRRW Rendezvous.

Welcome to the forum Doc. I've never talked to you but i've read a lot of your writings. I always enjoyed reading them.

Talked to Doc today, he's really busy building H.E. Leman and Hawken rifles as is Carl Walker and Les Bennett. Doc sells their guns on his website, and Track of the Wolf sells their wares too. For their ages (late 70's to 80's) they work as hard as any young custom gunsmith and still have the skills after 50 years, amazing. :thumbs up:

Welcome aboard Doc White. Been to the website many times. I own 2 of Gardell Powells guns.

Phil Meek and Bob Allen own a gun built by about every gunsmith that GRRW had under their roof. I have owned, bought and sold many GRRW guns when they were still in business, made a good return on my investment (nothing like what we see today).

You better plan on making the 2020 GRRW Rendezvous Al, Gardell will be there (very nice person that you will enjoy).

Latest posts

Back