HPH-12 vs HPH-24???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
I understand the HPH-12 is a bit thicker.Probably more difficult to seat.Might there be a benefit to the snug fit?I find my groups get better after about ten rounds.I sit patch and dry between rounds but I wonder if the barrel is fouling up a bit more in spite of the in between cleanings.I have been working with 250 shockwaves and HPH-24 sabots.Wonder if the HPH-12 might work better from the get go?Some have suggested the warmer barrel might be the cause of the improvement.They think the sabots are softened by the warmth and seal better. Just wondering??
BTW,what are the yellow sabots on thew 285 Barnes spitfires?

Most savages shoot better with the tight fit and I continue to use them. I dry patch between shots which make loading easier. That said, after a number of shots it gets even harder even with a dry patch. I'll run a wet patch with solvent down the bore and a couple of dry patches, both side and I back to where I started.
Some here have very tight barrels and for them the HPH-24 seem to work. It all depends of the rifle. Just don't switch back and forth because IMO POI will change with different sabots.

Latest posts

Back