..1st kill with my ACCURA!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D :)
This is the biggest doe I've taken :!: :!:
cabin1of09006.jpg

cabin1of09003.jpg

cabin1of09007.jpg

Look at the doe and then look at my jeep. Big doe. My son is 260 and is 5 10. The doe was a large one :!: :!: :!: :!:
1 shot took out 1/3rd of the heart.

Hawgslayer is my buddy and we work together. He told me it was about 30 yards with complete pass through.

:D :D
Heart shot. BLEW out about 1/3 of the heart and was a complete pass thru. Shot was 32 yards and the doe ran about 15 yards and almost fell at my feet. The shot was a down hill shot and I had to wait until she passed between some trees I picked out for a good clean shot. The POWERBELT H/P did exactly what it was supposed to do and that was to take out the deer as quickly as possible. From the time I shot and the time she died I say it was no more then 1.5 to 2 mins. POWERBELTS ARE THE WAY TO GO :!: :!: :!:

Great Doe/Pics

Great shot Hawg. Look forward to getting together soon and sight in my new Accura. Hopefully we'll be able to hunt together one of these days. Land is always an issue. Keep your ears open for lease or buy options.

:D :) :D :)

OptimaAndy,

That thing on the end of my barrel is a finger cot. It's a small rubber thats used when you have a cut, blister or burn on your finger and you have to keep it clean and dry. It also works great for keeping water and junk from going down the barrel. I know you can use ballons or tape but these are cheap and you get allot in the box. (30 assorted sizes). I think there might be a problem if your rifle still has the front sight on the barrel.
GOOD LUCK :!: :!: :!: :!:

thanks. I have heard people talking about those but from your pick it looked more like a muzzle break :D

Congrats!

I'm going out this weekend with my wife and kids. That's right, everybody in our family gets a tag! It's a great family adventure.

I was wondering what kind and how much powder you use with your powerbelts? I've had poor results with powerbelts in the past but I was using 245 grain bullets with the aerotip and 100 grains of pyrodex. I read where this could be pushing that bullet too hard.

Powerbelts have always shot well in my gun so i was just curious.

:D :D :D
I use APP GOLD 100 grains loose powder, Remington Kleanbore Primers, and 295 GR H/P POWERBELTS :!:

Good luck :!: :!: :!:

BuckDoeHunter said:
Congrats!

I'm going out this weekend with my wife and kids. That's right, everybody in our family gets a tag! It's a great family adventure.

I was wondering what kind and how much powder you use with your powerbelts? I've had poor results with powerbelts in the past but I was using 245 grain bullets with the aerotip and 100 grains of pyrodex. I read where this could be pushing that bullet too hard.

Powerbelts have always shot well in my gun so i was just curious.

Your best bet is to cut your charge down to 70-80gr. Im working on an Anti over expansion insert right now and still working on the insert for the .50cal powerbelts. Its worked great so far in my tests. Hopefully in the next week or 2 someone will report back with a field test with the insert.

Either drop your charge or go to a heavier powerbelt.

Latest posts

Back