What happened to my post?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding facts about CVAs mistakes are kinder like Doctors mistakes.
They both bury there dead.
I know for a fact that i shot 2= APP sticks out of a 50 Cal. CVA eclipse with a Hollow Point Power Belt and it blew a chuck out of the Breech Plug back where the 209 Primer sit.This was back in 2002 are 2003 not a 95 or 96 recall gun by no means either.The gun had less than 2 dozen shots fire threw it.And CVA would not take my calls nor answer any of my many e-mails either.That is a 100% FACT.Believe it or not
Now all of you that love CVA so much .
I say go for it .But i ain't

SwampFox, I'm not a CVA lover. Fact is that I thought CVA pretty much made junk until recently - and I wouldn't even consider owning one until the Accura was produced. Would rather think most would be glad to see CVA turning a corner by producing much improved products.

Have you read of the TC Triumph barrel failure over on HuntingNet? Is that incident a condemnation of ALL TC products now and forever?

Rest assured that my idea of an open mind is not having an extra hole in your head.

I hardly ever go to Hunting.Net UC. And no i have not seen the thread you are talking about.
I will say this back around 1984 or 85 i bought another 54 Cal. TC Hawken Caplock in KIT form.I use a firends powder measure and was sighting it in.The first shot i was thinking i had 90 Grains of 3F Holy Black because that what i understood my friend said i had in it,But really i had 180 Grains in it.I fire the gun and the hammer blew back to Full Cock.Not to mention the right side of my face swell up like i had been hit with a boat paddle flat ways.I was ever so glad that i had done this with a TC Hawken and not from a CVA Hawkins.But to answer your question about CVA seeing and trying to change there ways.The answer would be YES.But they need to start from there ground up rifles and not from just there High End High Dollar Guns only.I admitt, they have a ruff ROW to HO with me tho because of there past
Underclocked said:
SwampFox, I'm not a CVA lover. Fact is that I thought CVA pretty much made junk until recently - and I wouldn't even consider owning one until the Accura was produced. Would rather think most would be glad to see CVA turning a corner by producing much improved products.

Have you read of the TC Triumph barrel failure over on HuntingNet? Is that incident a condemnation of ALL TC products now and forever?

Rest assured that my idea of an open mind is not having an extra hole in your head.

Hmmm, I recall a year or two ago there was a big flap about Savage muzzleloaders blowing up. Good quality USA made firearms right. Hmmmmmm.

Sabot User said:
Swampman said:
A simple Google search on

Do a simple google search on 12-21-2012. Does the existence of numerous documents written on the "next" end of the world make it true?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=12 ... h&aq=f&oq=

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made my day!

Lets not forget that Traditions also uses these unsafe soft steel barrels yet gives an even higher powder charge allowance :shock: Didn't Randy Wakeman mention this?

I had one of the 95 CVA Eclipse. I had to send it back for the new barrel. I fired several hundred rounds through that gun without a problem. I never loaded more that 90 grains. It would shoot MOA with most any powder, bullet combo that I shoved in it. Never had a problem. Always enjoyed shooting it, but was a pain to clean. The guy I sold it to, is still using it.

hospitals are REQUIRED to contact the police department when injuries with firearms are present. I remember when i was 11-12 i accidently shot myself in the hand with a BB gun and the cops had to come to the hospital to file a report about the incident.

Show me some police reports.

well you know how NRA mags always have the family that runs MIdwayUSA featured and stuff, they sell a ton of CVA guns, I'd like to ask one of them if they are safe or they just care about the dollar. OR am I being too idealistic and overestimating human nature?

:p

One can certainly prove anything one wants to with the "documents" available on the web. Pick an agenda, and you can PROVE it...well, sort of. "Considering the source" has never been more important than it is today. Think George Stephanopoulos will be "fair and balanced" in political reporting? Of course not? Same goes for muzzleloading. When a "reporter" never has anything good to say about "product X" that's more than likely the way it was intended from the beginning. So that's not "reporting" or "researching." That bias.

CVA muzzleloaders. Consider this. More CVAs are purchased than any other muzzleloader. Well that's certainly one legimate reason for more problems. Also consider that CVAs are tyically ones first muzzleloader because they are afforable. Another good reason. Many buy CVAs that really don't care anything about a muzzleloader, they just want to hunt during the extra season so little to no muzzleloading experience. I'll go out on a limb and say that more shooter errors are made with CVA muzzleloaders than any other, and maybe ALL the others combined. So CERTAINLY that would lead to more mishaps than any other muzzleloader. I have to believe that if the CVA "blow-ups" were all that frequent they would occasionally present themself here....certainly out of 5000 users that have owned probably 20,000 muzzleloaders or even many more? Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Sabot User said:
Swampman said:
I couldn't say.

Then a "google search" argument is not terribly convincing to me or anyone else.

I agree !!

I have owned both CVA's and Traditions and would buy another. There is a person on the web that has a bone to pick with a few companies and he need to get over it . He has been tooting his own horn as the muzzle loader expert and has lost all my respect . I have had miner problems with all my muzzle loaders. My sons CVA my Traditions and my Encore and CVA had by far the best costumer service of the three i work with . I called them and got right through . He asked if i need the repair done ASAP for any upcoming hunts and they overnighted the gun back . They were very helpful and first rate . I would give CVA customers service a A+ .

Well i will say this.I really don't have nothing against CVA and on the other hand i have nothing for CVA either.What really burns me about CVAs Cheap low end guns is how they shoot.I have yet to shoot one that could Hit the side of a Barn Door 3 more times in a row.Yes CVA has been makeing muzzleloaders for a long enought time to have learn something after so many years at it.If they have,they have not put it to use in there lower end cheaper made guns.I will not dealt with CVA at all now adays because of there past record with me.But hopefully they will someday make a lower end gun that will atleast shoot with other gun makers low end guns.Until that day come's around and i shoot one, i will take my stand against CVA.
And CVA's customers service stinks with me they must fix that also

What really burns me about CVAs Cheap low end guns is how they shoot.

Yep, me to. My two cheap CVA Inlines make very tiny groups at 100 yards with the right loads. My cheapest CVA inline has killed about 20 deer and 80 wild hogs. :lol:

Okie Hog said:
What really burns me about CVAs Cheap low end guns is how they shoot.

Yep, me to. My two cheap CVA Inlines make very tiny groups at 100 yards with the right loads. My cheapest CVA inline has killed about 20 deer and 80 wild hogs. :lol:

Right there with you!

Excellent customer service, and good accuracy are both great qualities. I've never heard any complaints in either of these areas.

Last season I bought a $200 muzzleloader from a more respected manufacturer than CVA from my local Bass Pro Shop. While sighting in, on the 3rd shot, the rifle went off as I was steadying my rest. My buddy said "Kinda rushed that shot, eh?" I replied, I never touched the trigger. When I regained my composure, we noticed that the trigger guard was broken off and laying at my feet, leaving the trigger unprotected. Damn thing was made of plastic. Took it back the next day and exchanged it for a CVA Optima. Couldn't be happier with this gun. And at least I know the metal trigger guard will do its job.

Guys,,,,let's put this "CVA vs the World" thing to bed. Please?? Chuck pretty much summed things up. I voiced my opinion the other night,,and got into a senseless pissing match with another member.

Grouse,,,I apologize if things got out of hand. It was stupid and childish. We're all adults here. End of story.

Shoot what you have following your manufacturer's manual. Point blank.

If I remember correctly Chuck gave away a CVA that you all chipped in $10 a crack for corrosion testing. Chuck has shot more muzzleloaders,,done more testing with various powders and bullets,,and supplied everybody here with more information than any 10 guys could ever think possible. Do you really think he'd give a dangerous rifle to anybody?!?

Follow the guidelines in your owners manuals. Enjoy your rifles,,and be safe. 8)

For those who currently own a CVA muzzle loader and hate it because it can not hit the broadside of a barn, Please PM me and i will forward you my shipping address as i would love to have a "new" muzzle loader to play around with.

Latest posts

Back